EMAG Meeting 12th March 2020

Moderator: ken kirk

RobM

EMAG Meeting 12th March 2020

Postby RobM » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 am

Nine members attended another enjoyable modelling evening.
A committee meeting was held to discuss the implications for the group of the CORONA VIRUS epidemic. It was decided to carry on as normal for now, but to keep the situation under review.
Therefore if you have decided not to attend meetings for this reason, please let Ken know so that he can monitor the situation. Should attendances fall significantly, a decision will be made to cancel meetings until further notice. Should the Govt. or the venue committee decide on closure, we will inform the membership of this. Keep calm & carry on modelling.
Back to the modelling;
Howard continued working on his latest signalling simulation; Tony was working on the wiring diagram for his new layout Brimsdown; Peter was working on a Brassmasters wagon underframe kit; Richard was continuing work on his Ruston diesel kit; Ken was doing some delicate soldering for Richard: Nigel was working on the bridge for Cupar; John was working on his Severn Models weighbridge hut and I was working on my latest L&YR bogie carriage.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 19 March and will be another modelling evening.
Martin Nield
Minutes Secretary
13 March 2020
http://www.robmilliken.co.uk
Updated December 2016

ken kirk

Re: EMAG Meeting 12th March 2020

Postby ken kirk » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks for the posting Rob.
Unfortunately events have overtaken us and it is with regret that I have cancelled EMAG meetings until further notice. I'll keep members posted.

I will likely be setting up a weekly email group on Thursday evenings around 8pm so we can keep in touch. A virtual meeting so to speak.Treasurer John Slack will collect subs by bitcoin:)
Those who know me will not be surprised by the title of eMAG!

So: Keep safe, get some modelling done, come back when all is forgiven and support the trade.
Cheers, Ken

Tony Wilkins

Re: EMAG Meeting 12th March 2020

Postby Tony Wilkins » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Just to prove that some of us read our group forum posts, eMAG could be an interesting concept. I look forward to seeing how well it works.
Doubtless the results or a summary there of will be posted here. One thing bothers me though, I thought it was illegal to cut coins into bits!
Regards
Tony.

Return to “East Midlands Area Group”