As you will have read in Scalefour News 213, the Society has recently been left a sizeable collection of models, tools and materials in the will of a deceased member. Much of it will be offered for sale through the Bring and Buy stand at Scaleforum 2019.
There are, though, some particular items - two professionally built locomotives and four scratchbuilt buildings – which, because of their quality and fragility, will be dealt with in a different way. Photos and brief descriptions of the items concerned are below.
The arrangements are that both locos and buildings will be on display on a table behind the Society stand (not on the B&B) at Scaleforum 2019 where anyone who wants to can inspect them a bit more closely. It is hoped to have a short length of track and a controller for anyone who wants to see the locos run (they’re both DC rather than DCC). Forms for anyone who wants to bid will be available on the stand, too. To give as many members as possible the chance to bid, bids which can be for any or all of the items, can also be sent to Mike Ainsworth, either by email to email@example.com or by post to the address on the Blue Sheet.
The deadline for bids in whatever form will be 4.30pm on the Sunday of Scaleforum; any received after that time will be disqualified. Winning bidders will be informed within five days and it will be for them to arrange and, where applicable, pay for collection or delivery.
The items are :-
1) Midland Railway Class 1808 4-4-0 and tender, built by John James from a London Road kit. Compensated with split axles and frames and with a weighted tender. Mashima 1024 motor and High Level gearbox. Finished in Midland red.
2) Midland Railway Class 1698 0-6-0 and tender, also built by John James from a London Road kit. Loco and tender both compensated with split axles and frames. Mashima motor and High Level gearbox. Finished in Midland red.
3) Midland Railway signal box, “Meeting Hill”, scratchbuilt mainly in plasticard and with full interior detail.
4) Goods shed, thought to be Midland, scratchbuilt mainly in styrene, with much ornate brickwork.
5) Water tower. Details as item 4.
6) Goods yard office. Details as item 4.
Some bids have already been received so don’t miss out.
See you at Scaleforum.
Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests