Alpha Mill

Outside the fence.
nberrington

Re: Alpha Mill

Postby nberrington » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Thank you Ralph for taking the time to explain your methods to me. The mill is even more impressive “in the flesh” than I imagined! My projects seem tiny by comparison.
You have certainly given me some ideas to try.

What a magnificent model! Well done good sir.

ralphrobertson

Re: Alpha Mill

Postby ralphrobertson » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:54 pm

I very much enjoyed our extended chat, yesterday. I must say I hadn't really appreciated just how much work had been required to replicate the relief brick work and other decorative features which George Stott included in his Edwardian era mills.

Thanks Dave, without the input from Howard and yourself this would not have been possible. It has been an interesting journey to say the least!

Thank you Ralph for taking the time to explain your methods to me. The mill is even more impressive “in the flesh” than I imagined! My projects seem tiny by comparison.

Thank you Neil, it was a pleasure to meet you and I hope I managed to give you some ideas to make your modelling more productive. The secret to all this is having the ability to draw using CAD and it is not difficult to learn as we are usually only using lines and boxes which are simple features in drawing packages. The ability to step and repeat is vital when 'bricklaying' and I hope you unlock this feature once you get home, it will save you hours!

Ralph

Return to “Other Buildings and Scenery”