Alpha Mill

Outside the fence.
ralphrobertson

Re: Alpha Mill

Postby ralphrobertson » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks guys, that has certainly given me a lot of information and wooden gutters has to be the way to go. Good thing I didn't spend a fortune buying some of Eileens half round milled sections at Stafford on Saturday, it would have been very expensive for these terraces and if I can do it on the cutter or a 3D printer I will.

This photo is of the prototype in the actual Slattocks area and now I understand the mouldings at the top of the front wall. I have to say I haven't made up any of the fancy stonework at the front, thought a plainer approach would get made quicker and get me back on the mill. I have changed the colouring to get the bricks pronounced on the photo but it gives you the general idea.

One thing I have just noticed is the lack of downpipes in this section of 3 houses - our slope is about the same as this one. I am making a group of 6 and planned to have a downpipe every 2 houses, looks like I was wrong!

Ralph
IMG_0301 bricks.jpg

JFS

Postby JFS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:19 am

Dave Holt wrote:A bit naughty, I suppose ...

I don't think Roger will mind helping the project - he did go to the Manchester show especially to shake Ralph's hand!

Great news that Alpha Mill will be at Scaleforum.

grovenor-2685

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:34 pm

ralphrobertson

Postby ralphrobertson » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Thanks for all your information, very useful.

Ralph

Return to “Other Buildings and Scenery”