Prickley Pear Products

If you are making something new or have found something, announce it here.
RedDragon

Prickley Pear Products

Postby RedDragon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 pm

I did not manage to get to last years Scaleforum, but noticed a trader - Prickley Pear Products had a stand there. I have bought a number of coach kits from this supplier in the past and in looking through the postings for the exhibition came across the fact that they are in the process of finalising designs to release a locomotive kit (or kits). Did any member talk to the owner about the loco kits and can they identify for me which particular loco it is, from the etches shown it looks to be an outside cylinder 4.4.0 tender loco?
Perhaps the owner of Prickley Pair Products is an S4 Society member and can publish an update with the progress with this model?

Thanks,

David B

Re: Prickley Pear Products

Postby David B » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 pm

You will find Prickly Pear's picture on the Retrospective for Scaleforum 2012 together with his contact details. He does not have a website or email but his phone number is 01732 368911. This information was also in the Scaleforum guide.

Natalie Graham

Postby Natalie Graham » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 pm

If it is these etches then I am pretty much 100% certain they will build up into a GNSR Class 13 0-4-0T. Rather a nice little loco but perhaps not one that is going to be universally popular.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:19 am

Prickley Pear Products will also be at Scaleforum this year. Yet another reason to come, as if any were needed. :D The owner is Paul Tasker and as David says he does not have a web site or e-mail address. To save you looking it up, the postal address is Blackdown Mill House, Mill Lane, Punnett's Town, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21 9HX.

Terry Bendall

Ian Everett

Postby Ian Everett » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 am

Terry Bendall wrote:The owner is Paul Tasker and as David says he does not have a web site or e-mail address.
Terry Bendall

Is he not the kind of trader whom the Society ought to support by offering a page on their web site as a "hosted trader"?

Ian

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:10 am

clecklewyke wrote:
Terry Bendall wrote:The owner is Paul Tasker and as David says he does not have a web site or e-mail address.
Terry Bendall

Is he not the kind of trader whom the Society ought to support by offering a page on their web site as a "hosted trader"?

Ian

Hi Ian,

The short answer is "yes we would". The same also goes for any other of our member/manufacturers.

However we don't have the time and skillsets to write and maintain the websites involved. So the content is in the hands of the manufacturer himself to produce.

If Paul (Tasker) would like to produce this himself, then we will happily host it. He may simply not have a desire for a web presence, as indeed a number of the small manufacturers choose not to.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:18 pm

I happened to be talking to Paul Tasker today and he is one of the contented breed of folk who don't have a computer nor any real need for one at the moment. He is, of course, happy to receive enquiries by steam powered telephone and post. The details as previously posted are correct and current.

He also confirmed that the little engine is indeed as Natalie suspected, a GNSR class 13. The etchings are done and he's working on patterns for the castings. News in the Snooze and MRJ in due course, but don't hold your breath as he tells me there's a lot of work involved and he still has a day job!

Philip

David B

Postby David B » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:38 am

I remember the days when we only had printed details of products. The web has been a godsend both for traders and modellers but the maintenance of a web presence requires quite a lot of work.

If the smaller producers like Paul Tasker were to have a typed sheet with the main details of their product (and contact information), this could be converted quite easily into a PDF and posted on the Society pages.

This way, the work involved is minimal, but everyone benefits from the information being available.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:51 pm

davidb wrote:If the smaller producers like Paul Tasker were to have a typed sheet with the main details of their product (and contact information), this could be converted quite easily into a PDF and posted on the Society pages.

This way, the work involved is minimal, but everyone benefits from the information being available.

I'm sure that I have a copy of the Prickley Pear information at home, which I picked up at Scaleforum.

I was intending to scan it and post it anyway, when I'm back in the UK.

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “New Products”