P4 wheels and suitable 'P4-able' kits - Directory

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
doktorstamp

Re: P4 wheels and suitable 'P4-able' kits - Directory

Postby doktorstamp » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:10 pm

grovenor-2685 wrote:
I also endorse Knuckles view that all too often the lists are a; not illustrated,

i hope you are not applying this criticism to our stores list? Just click on the little camera icons.
Regards
Keith

Of course not, however you would have to agree that most lists produced lack illustration and description is minimalist as stated before.

Those who have not yet embraced the digital age will no doubt argue that this would increase overheads incurred in publishing. Those on the web, failing ownership of a digital camera would be advised to use their phones, many of which these days take a pretty good picture.

regards

Nigel

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 pm

however you would have to agree
Several posts ago, I even provided one of the missing illustrations.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Knuckles

Postby Knuckles » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Not mentioning S4 stores. Most are fine, authough I do wander how long the out of stock items will take to be filled. Some have been OOS as long as I have been a member. (which is not that long, but has been a little while)

Many other websites, like Doktorstamp said would see more sales if their site was more comprehensive in the ways we suggest. This I'm convinced of that, Keith also agree's I think. For this reason I'm wandering if anything could be done? Maybe an open letter sent to some.
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/
Mostly 3D Printed Loco kits etc.

SCC Price list (7/4/22)
https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.co ... e77d42.pdf

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:05 am

Knuckles wrote:Not mentioning S4 stores. Most are fine, authough I do wander how long the out of stock items will take to be filled. Some have been OOS as long as I have been a member. (which is not that long, but has been a little while)

You've prompted me to print off a copy of the Stores List, and I'll have a good look over it.

It's a fair point that you make. The main business of the September Committee meeting will be to discuss the forthcoming Scaleforum. However I'll see if we also have time to discuss the issue.

Thanks for raising the point.
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Where to Find?”