Milk Anyone?

Serjt-Dave

Milk Anyone?

Postby Serjt-Dave » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi All. Making my way through my shelf, cupboard, wardrobe etc I decided to finish off this Milk Tank. It was about 80% constructed with just a few detail parts needed fitting. It's a LMS D1994 Milk Tank by David Geen and the suitable extras by Rumney Models. I really enjoyed making this, especially all the gubbins underneath which is very visible. Before it goes off to the paintshop I've got to replace the buffer as I knackered one whilst drilling it out and repair one of the end cradle. The casting are very fragile and it came off.

The plan was to have 12 of these things running about but alas the David Geen kits are no longer available. So I thought I'd convert the Dapol R-T-R Milk Tanks but they aren't even the same size. So I'm a bit stuffed. I did managed to obtain a GWR version but if anyone has any of these Milk Tanks kit they no longer require please let me know.

000000000 3 AAAAAAAAA.jpg

All Best and Keep Safe.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Serjt-Dave

Re: Milk Anyone?

Postby Serjt-Dave » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi All. Just finished my LMS Milk Tank. I think it's turned out quite well {even if I do say so myself}. Completion did stall somewhat during the painting process. Started putting the lettering using Pressfix transfers and Micro Sol to fix them. The paintwork started to bubble up and come away. Not had this before, this is the normal method I use. I repainted the effective area and left it. I finally plucked up courage to have another go last week but this time there wasn't any issues. I gave it a light weathering and that is that. As for couplings I normally use S&W but as the chassis is so open I felt you would see too much of the fixing and working part of the S&W coupling so just added a screw couples. I'll add a S&W loop to be able to couple other stock fitted with S&W couplings.

As Always Keep Safe and be A Lert {whatever a Lert is}

Dave

20200624_122210.jpg
20200624_124642.jpg
20200624_124726.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveHarris

Postby DaveHarris » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 pm

Wow! That is an excellent job! ;)

bécasse

Postby bécasse » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:20 pm

That can't possibly be a milk tanker, it is much too clean! Really nice model, though.

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:45 pm

Thanks Dave.

It is a Milk Tank Becasse. It's just ex-works. LOL.

All Best

Dave

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Looks brilliant - nice work Dave!

It will be interesting to see what happens with the David Geen range.

RAO

Postby RAO » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:26 am

Excellent model.
I'm looking forward to building a couple myself.

Tim Dubya

Postby Tim Dubya » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:07 am

I understand Mr G is 'in talks' with a potential purchaser of the wagon kits, but this is on hold due to the current pandemic, as David and his wife are sheilding/isolating.
He is also working on some new coach kits too.

Obviously this not from the horses mouth so please take with a pinch of your favourite condiment.

Cheers
For legal reasons everything I post is a joke...

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:17 am

Hi Tim, thanks for that. I will be great is it happens. Lets hope so.

Keep Safe

Dave

Tim Dubya

Postby Tim Dubya » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:57 am

Hi
Yes indeed, fingers crossed. I've recently come across a trader selling some of David's kits online (pre-owned but new). I'm not sure if he has any milk tanks but it may well be worth having a look and/or getting in touch with him as he doesn't have all his stock online.

Andrew Kwasniewski

andrew@wmcollectables.co.uk

http://www.wmcollectables.co.uk

Cheers
Tim
For legal reasons everything I post is a joke...

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:43 am

Hi Tim, thanks for that link. Very useful to know. Alas there were no milk tanks. I've never seen so many D&S kits in one place before. LOL.

Keep Safe

Dave

Will L

Postby Will L » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:14 am

Serjt-Dave wrote:Hi Tim, thanks for that link. Very useful to know. Alas there were no milk tanks. I've never seen so many D&S kits in one place before. LOL.

Keep Safe

Dave

Hum, think my unbuilt kits pile may need extra security.

Return to “Serjt-Dave”