LSWR/SR 02 Class - Drawings

Jeremy Good

LSWR/SR 02 Class - Drawings

Postby Jeremy Good » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:56 pm

Does anybody know where I can get hold of an easily accessible drawing for this locomotive class?

I'm building a South Eastern Finecast chassis and want to drawings so that I can create/scratchbuild a compensated trailing bogie in place of the cast version in the kit.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

myoxall

Re: LSWR/SR 02 Class - Drawings

Postby myoxall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Jeremy,

The best drawings of this class I have come across are in Railway Modeller July 1992, page 316. Although the article is for Kit building in 7mm scale the excellent set of drawings by Ian Beattie are reproduced in 4mm scale. The drawings show original bunker along with the final enlarged IOW bunker. If you need more please feel free to PM me.

Martin

andrewnummelin

Postby andrewnummelin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 am

Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Jeremy Good

Postby Jeremy Good » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 am

Martin/Andrew

Thanks for you responses - I'll try and get hold of copies of those which should give me enough information for scratch-building the bogie.

I'm using the SEF chassis and kit in the absence of the Alan Gibson kit. I built the version that runs on St Merryn from the latter and liked the equalised bogie arrangement, although it could do with some cosmetic improvements. I'm aiming to replicate that but with some cosmetic refinement for this version.

Jeremy

myoxall

Postby myoxall » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Jeremy,

A couple of photos of an O2 bogie from the Isle of Wight Steam Railway.

Detail from General Arrangement drawings or Line drawings may not show some of the detail revealed in a photo. Hope they help. By the way, I've just started on an Alan Gibson O2 and have a second to scratch build myself.

Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Steam Locomotives”