Compressor advice

Andy W

Compressor advice

Postby Andy W » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm hoping to get a compressor to use with my Badger 150-5 - for 4mm work. I was looking at Eileen's Aztek Blue and wondering if anyone has any experience with this model? How noisy is it? Does it need a water trap and pressure gauge? Or does anyone know of a better option?

Thanks

Andy
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Tim V

Re: Compressor advice

Postby Tim V » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm

I have a very noisy compressor, I have it at the end of a long hose and inside the garage, while I'm sat in the garden. I can still hear it, but it's not so obtrusive.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Tim Hale

Postby Tim Hale » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 pm

I recently upgraded my airbrush set-up using the same airbrush reviewed in MRJ from Everything Airbrush in Holton Heath, near Wareham (Google them)

The Aztek brush previously reviewed by MRJ proved a very inferior device and I have had similar problems with this firm's products. In contrast, the set-up supplied by Everything Airbrush has proved to be superb, a real delight to use but one or two extras are needed- an Iawata water trap that screws directly onto the airbrush is a wonderful device- it captures the moisture in the paint whilst the trap on the compressor captures the water in the compressor.

I hope this provides some help in your quest.

Tim

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Actually, I too can also recommend EverythingAirbrush http://www.everythingairbrush.com/acata ... _Feed.html , though my compressor came from B&Q.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

JackBlack

Postby JackBlack » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 am

I have an Iwata Sprint compessor, which I highly recommend if you can stretch to it. It's pretty much silent, comes with pressure gauge and water trap. I replaced the rubber hoses with braided ones.

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_41&products_id=565&osCsid=7c567a2daea03fa5523536d3a987d76e

Avoid the cheap copies of this on eBay though...

Cheers, Nick

Nick Allport
CLAG

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks everyone. I like the look of the Iwata Sprint. It's only the compressor I want to get. Has anyone any experience with the Aztek Blue?

Andy
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

simonmoore

Postby simonmoore » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 pm

I got a compressor & 2 airbrushs from rdg tools for £69 & i can honestly say it has been the best buy toolwise ever the brushs are great & i got off them for naff all a connector to use my badger brush. You cant get a compressor alone for the price i paid, i went to the store for the item because i dont live to far away from mytholmroyd & its a modelmakers goldmine they have so many tools & their a great helpful store.

Simon.

Return to “Painting and Weathering”