Yorkshire Wolds Railway Model Railway Show

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
mikeknowles

Yorkshire Wolds Railway Model Railway Show

Postby mikeknowles » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:20 am

For those of you who are not familiar with the Yorkshire Wolds Railway it was set up just over ten years ago with the aim of re-opening part of the former Malton & Driffield Junction Railway. The group has its base at Fimber (across the road from the old station) and initially it is working to restore the line as far as Wetwang. A short section of line is currently working at the Fimber site but the next twelve months should see significant progress in advancing towards Wetwang.

As part of the fundraising scheme the Railway is hosting its second model railway exhibition at Wetwang Village Hall on Saturday 16th March from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. There will be ten layouts on display including my P4 layout Boston Frodsham plus various other exhibitors. Admission is just £2.00 for adults and £1.00 for children with all proceeds to the railway. So I hope you'll be able to come along, if you do please say hello.

Below is attached a poster for the show, if you can please feel free to download and display it to help publicise the event.

2019MRS.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikeknowles

Re: Yorkshire Wolds Railway Model Railway Show

Postby mikeknowles » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:34 pm

We now have a full list of layouts attending the show;

West Street Station - Shaun Taylor
Skipworth - Ken Nelson
Steelworks - Jordon Thompson
Chester Road - Robert Denton
Dolwyn - Dave Holmes
Barum West Jct - Ken Gibbons
Private Warehouse - George White
Peacehaven Promenade - Mike Hudson
Z Gauge - Trevor Fowler

Plus as previously mentioned my layout Boston Frodsham, a couple of photos attached below.

20190220_154705-1.jpg

20190101_160441-1.jpg

In addition there will be trade stands from;

Yorkshire Wolds Railway
North Yorkshire Moors Railway
LNER Coach Association
Derwent Valley Light Railway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Exhibitions”