New products from Lanarkshire Models

This section allows guests to comment or ask questions. Posts from guests require explicit approval (which generally takes a day or so), before they appear, so that we can prevent unwanted spam.
Dave Franks

Re: New products from Lanarkshire Models

Postby Dave Franks » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 am

Hi people, well the testing of the new CSB sprung BR tender chassis went very well with both the BR1 and BR2 chassised tenders coupled together and a train of 40 wagons behind all hauled and pushed and shunted by a CSB'd 8F also with a CSB'd tender. The test session lasted two hours and not one derailment or other problem, single slips, double slips three way points were all negotiated with no problems, I just love these CSBs. :thumb

The Tender chassis kits will be available before Christmas then I might look at the BR3 chassis.

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:01 am

With the news that Slaters are re-doing the 4mm NER hopper wagon people have been at me to do decent buffers for it so, the patterns are made and in a mould to multiply up ready to make a production mould. With luck they will be released at Workshop Wise in Stannington Newcastle on Tyne.
See this thread from Rmweb//http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/97686-new-stuff-from-lanarkshire-models-supplies/page-23#entry3318724:-

The new LNER coupling rods are arriving today, still to proof-read the instructions then package up. LNER B1, V2, and A3/A4. Both fishbelly flute and the later straight flute on the fret.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:36 am

Managed to cast quite a few hundred NER hopper wagon buffers yesterday so they will be available at Workshop Wise in Stannington, Newcastle this Saturday. :thumb

They will be on the website for everyone next week.

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Forgot to say, the new etched coupling rods will also be released at the Workshop Wise event, what are they? .........

LNER B1, LNER V2 and LNER A3 which will also fit the A4 and a few other big Gresley locos.

They all have the alternative shape of fishbelly flute or straight flute as per the changes over the life of these locos.

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi all, good news, all the new items are up on the website now.

B053 NER hopper wagon buffers for the re-released SLATERS kit, available as a pack of four or a bulk pack of 20 (five wagons) also available drilled to take standard sprung heads like 51L or MJT.

CR13/14/15 Scale size coupling rods for B1, V2, A3, A4. All can be built as original fishbelly flutes or the later replacement straight flute, The A3 rods will also fit the Peppercorn A1.

A new range of tools suitable for our products including the very fine EXPO HSS drills on individual cards or sets of eight from 0.3mm to 2.0mm.

Oilers with plastic compatable oil,

EXPO German made cutting broaches which are very nice indeed (not the Chinese copies).

Industrial quality 145 degree solder wire which I've been using for years.

Selftapping screws as supplied with our chassis kits for fitting to plastic or metal bodies, complete with the correct drill.

EXPO's own Thread lock glue for fixing wheels on axles, gears onto shafts and even tiny worksplates.

Hope you find something of use and of course any other suggestions would be welcome.

Please remember to go to the home page first and check the date which is now showing October 2018

All the best,

Dave Franks.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:43 am

Hi People, just an update on the latest bufferstop. The LBSC bufferstop is nearly ready for the mould so should be available at the EMGS AGM in December along with the BR1 and BR2 sprung tender chassis for EM and P4.

Also, please note:- we do not sell Pattern Makers Dowels and haven't done for over two years despite what Google says. :?

Dave

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Okay, New items just placed on the website

New LBSC Rly bufferstop BS26 is now available.

And after a few requests a wooden buffer beam with loco buffers attached as used in station platforms etc.
On the website there is a drop down menu so you can pick your choice of loco buffer or oleo buffer.

BR tender chassis have been a long time gestating and I hope you'll like them, I've had a couple running on the Wharfeside layout for a month or so and I have to say being fully sprung they just glide along.....

BR1 tender chassis for all BRI types mainly the larger BR locos but some medium types particularly on the Southern region..

BR2 tender chassis, the smaller tender for the medium locos like 75xxx, 76xxx and 77xxx.

Tender chassis for EM and P4 gauges only, made to fit Bachmann locos and with simple modification of the underframe DJH kits, all covered in the instructions. Wheelsets not included.

The home page now has the date December 2018 so if you don't get that then delete your favourites and/or cache listing, use and save the link below.
http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Don't trust Goooogle to find it either as they take ages to update their listings.

All the best,
Dave Franks

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Just been chastised for not saying what the prices are..... :?

BS26 LBSC bufferstop - £5.95 each or 5 for £27.50

BS00 Wooden bufferbeam with two buffers of your choice - £2.50

CK05 / 6 BR1 and BR2 tender chassis - £24.95 each.

Dave Franks.

WWW.lanarkshiremodels.com

Wharfeside, a lifetime's project.
http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... s-project/

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 am

Dave Franks wrote:....CK05 / 6 BR1 and BR2 tender chassis - £24.95 each.....

Just ordered one of each. Plus some V2 rods.
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am

Horsetan wrote:

Hi Ivan, Order will be posted before lunch as Madam is passing the Post Office on her way to East Kilbride....
As it happens the new BR tender chassis are selling well with only a few BR2s but plenty BR1s left, I thought it would be roughly equal or maybe the BR1 being the most popular, just as well they are on separate frets so I can order more of one or the other.

Thanks for your order and the encouragement over the past wee while to get these chassis done.
Personally I've now got three locos running with the BR1 on Wharfeside as well as some samples of each on the tradestand so they are buildable!
Now looking at other common tenders... LNER maybe? ;)

Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Horsetan

Postby Horsetan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 pm

Dave Franks wrote:
Horsetan wrote:

Hi Ivan, Order will be posted before lunch as Madam is passing the Post Office on her way to East Kilbride....
As it happens the new BR tender chassis are selling well with only a few BR2s but plenty BR1s left, I thought it would be roughly equal or maybe the BR1 being the most popular, just as well they are on separate frets so I can order more of one or the other.

Thanks for your order and the encouragement over the past wee while to get these chassis done.
Personally I've now got three locos running with the BR1 on Wharfeside as well as some samples of each on the tradestand so they are buildable!...

If they go together well, then I might standardise on them.

BR1 will be tried with 71000, with a view also to Britannia, 9Fs and Std.5

BR2 will do for 75/76xxx
That would be an ecumenical matter.

Dave Franks

Postby Dave Franks » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi all, just to let you know the latest items being worked on are an LSWR bufferstop with wooden beam with and without old loco buffers. A selection of industrial loco buffers some of which seem to have been bought in for locos on the big railway too.
Coupling rods for Caledonian, North British and certain pre-group Southern locos - 0-6-0, 0-4-4 and 4-4-0 types, drawings have been obtained and it seems many Drummond locos had similar rods but I will check this out further.
I hope to have all these items ready for Scalefour North and definately the Perth show in June but may also be on the website before then if I'm quick.

Dave Franks

PS. Horsetan, you have mail.

iak

Postby iak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:48 pm

More to add to the shopping list then...
A veritable Scottish overload...
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

waveydavey

Postby waveydavey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 am

Any progress on DMU buffers Dave?

Cheers
Modelling Clackmannanshire Railways in 1975

Return to “Guest Book”