Exeter Show 1st & 2nd July 2017

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
David B

Exeter Show 1st & 2nd July 2017

Postby David B » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 pm

It's the Exeter show this weekend where Chris Longley is flying the P4 flag with New Mere. It was a good couple of days last year and Paul Willis actually signed someone up. There isn't a Scalefour Stand as such, but a couple of us from DRAG are demonstrating and talking 'Scalefour' in amongst a few other things.

Details from here.

John Palmer

Re: Exeter Show 1st & 2nd July 2017

Postby John Palmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:40 pm

A most enjoyable show. Here are few of my better snaps:
Motor train awaits the road.jpg
Motor train awaits the road
Returning the calf box.jpg
Returning the calf box
Bulldog shunts the yard.jpg
Bulldog shunts the yard

And a reminder for me of how I started out, sixty years ago
Blast from the past.jpg
Blast from the past
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re6/6

Postby Re6/6 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 am

As John said, it was most enjoyable. Always of note was the excellent catering as always, with full Sunday roasts available.

A few phone snaps of 'New Mere'.
039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

Also of note was the scenically and operationally superb 'Hurstmonceux' in finescale '00'. A 'nearly was' which was to start south of Balcombe. Initial earthworks can be seen today.

016.jpg

025.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Re6/6 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Albert Hall

Postby Albert Hall » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:25 am

I ventured down from North Somerset on Saturday and found this to be an excellent local show. The venue is very good with plenty of room and well lit. Really easy to get to on the frequent Matford Park and Ride buses from the High Street just round the corner from Queen Street station (sorry Central!). The only downside was the Network Rail chaos in the Bristol area due to signalling problems.

Roy

crossborder

Postby crossborder » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks chaps, nice comments and phots. The change to front side operation worked well too. No images of my own as battery went flat.

John Palmer

Postby John Palmer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Bad luck, Roy!

My return journey from Exeter on Sunday was also substantially delayed, in this case by a signalling failure between Exeter and Taunton. A cancelled London service standing at St Davids was 'revived' and we made sedate progress northwards with stops at signals to obtain authority to proceed. Significantly compounding the delay to our advance was the need for hand signalling over the crossings at Stoke Canon, Hele, Bradford and Victory - thank goodness Silk Mill is no more!

Usual journey time doubled, but hey! it was a fine, sunny afternoon and I had a seat in an air-conditioned coach: there are worse ways to get home.

Return to “Exhibitions”