Warley 2016 (Special 40th Exhibit)

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Steve Carter

Re: Warley 2016 (Special 40th Exhibit)

Postby Steve Carter » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:11 pm

Society presence at Warley

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Carter

kelly

Postby kelly » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Will try and find you tomorrow as was too busy fettling with plastic and brass that I didn't get chance to leave the DEMU stand all day. Tomorrow will have all the time I need as not on any stand.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:31 am

I enjoyed Warley - other than being told I was old and ugly by Mark Tatlow! :o

P.S. The starter packs are a great idea.
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Mark Tatlow

Postby Mark Tatlow » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:50 am

Andy W wrote:I enjoyed Warley - other than being told I was old and ugly by Mark Tatlow! :o

Not quite what I meant!!!! Ooops; made us all chuckle though!
Mark Tatlow

Knuckles

Postby Knuckles » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Warley was awesome. Had a lot of fun, saw some great layouts and spoke to a few exhibitors and found most of what I wanted/needed to buy. Catching up with Flymo on the S4 stand was appreciated too. Sorry if I talked your head off somewhat. :D

Only bad point was the large £250 ish dent in my wallet. Ouchy. :/

Didn't help that I was mad enough to pay £8 for some fish and chips either.........robbers. :shock:
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/
Mostly 3D Printed Loco kits etc.

SCC Price list (7/4/22)
https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.co ... e77d42.pdf

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Despite my best intentions, my plans were scuppered by my old mum who ended up in hospital last week.

John

kelly

Postby kelly » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 pm

A thoroughly enjoyable, if very busy (especially on the Saturday when on the demu stand) weekend.

Picked up one of the starter kits, if I'd have had more funds available I think I'll have picked up more than one.

I intend to document how I get on. Also as I've been given the role of DEMU Update editor now, the BR 16t mineral version will be suitable for inclusion as a review in the next issue too.

I think they are a fantastic idea and I look forward to the range of starter kits possibly being expanded later on of that proves viable.

John Donnelly wrote:Despite my best intentions, my plans were scuppered by my old mum who ended up in hospital last week.

John

Hope she is making a good recovery John.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:26 am

Knuckles wrote:Warley was awesome. Had a lot of fun, saw some great layouts and spoke to a few exhibitors and found most of what I wanted/needed to buy. Catching up with Flymo on the S4 stand was appreciated too. Sorry if I talked your head off somewhat. :D

You didn't at all :-)

It was great to catch up, and you've so many ideas going on it was really invigorating to hear some of them. I'm sure you'll have those hornblocks working smoothly soon as well.

Keep it up!
Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

garethevans1986

Postby garethevans1986 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:49 am

I popped by on the Sunday as I was at Warley with Barrowmore's 7mm layout Johnstown Road.
Gareth O. Evans
IT Consultant/Director of Web46 IT Solutions
Croes Newydd Yard

Diesel Crank

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Thanks to all of you who stopped by at the Society Stand during the weekend, either to say hello, have a chat or see what we were up to. I hope you enjoyed Warley?

I thought that the "P4 Street" we had to celebrate our 40th at Warley worked very well and the balance of the P4 layouts and a demo stand was spot on and showed what can be achieved in P4. We received some good favourable comments so may consider asking Warley (and others?) if we can repeat the format.

The Society Stand was busy (well we were offering free chocolates thanks to Paul) and we generated a lot of interest. We had a good team that worked well together.

We launched the new P4 Starter Packs at Warley and sold 19 of them of which 10 were brought by non-members.

We also signed up 8 new members and there was certainly several other people who were close to taking the plunge so I am hopeful that we may see some more join as a result of the weekend at Warley including some of the non-members who brought P4 Stater Packs.

Total membership after the Warley weekend currently stands at 1883 (lol).

Big thanks to all the P4 layout owners and operators, to Danny Cockling, Mike Ainsworth, Paul Willis, Mark Tatlow and David Brandreth for their hard work on the Society Demo/Stand and of course to Terry Bendall for transporting the Stand and Society boxes. Well done all.

Looking forward to next year already.

All the best

Steve
Membership Secretary
Steve Carter

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:46 pm

The view we enjoyed (?) from London Road.

S4 Stand Warley 2016.jpg

We missed out on the chocolates, was it something we said?

Good to hear that the Show was a success for the Society and membership has reached the magic number.

Jol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Pictures from the Warley Show 2016

Aisle.jpg

Clar01.jpg

Clar02.jpg

Clar03.jpg

Clar04.jpg

Croft01.jpg

Croft02.jpg

ER01.jpg

ER02.jpg

ER03.jpg

Terry.jpg

Min01.jpg

Min02.jpg

Min03.jpg

Min04.jpg

Jol.jpg

LR01.jpg

LR02.jpg

LR03.jpg

LR04.jpg

Colin.jpg

MSt01.jpg

MSt02.jpg

MSt03.jpg

MSt04.jpg

Gill01.jpg

Gill02.jpg

Gill03.jpg

Gill04.jpg

Stand.jpg

David.jpg

Steve.jpg

Great to see so many people over the weekend.

All the Best
Danny

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:56 am

Thanks for the pictures Danny. In between other duties I spend a bit of time watching Minories, including some time spent on the operators' side of the layout. The overall roof of the station is simply stunning and I gather from Howard this has only recently been put in place. The operation is equally impressive. No bell codes. but a flashing LED instead, but to watch the fully interlocked lever frame being operated calmly and with total competence was a joy to see.

It will be time well spent to see Miniories at future exhibitions and one opportunity will be at Scaleforum in 2017.

Terry Bendall

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:53 am

Putting more names to faces, Danny's first picture shows Tony and Denise Montgomery walking past London Road. They are part of the operating team for London Road. Tony is also well known for his conversion of Ambergate to P4 and extension to include Buxton, and Denise for her excellent hospitality for the CAG summer meeting (although I have never been invited).

Jol

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:33 am

Jol Wilkinson wrote:Putting more names to faces, Danny's first picture shows Tony and Denise Montgomery walking past London Road. They are part of the operating team for London Road. Tony is also well known for his conversion of Ambergate to P4 and extension to include Buxton, and Denise for her excellent hospitality for the CAG summer meeting (although I have never been invited).

Jol

These pictures have also been posted to the Society's Facebook page (yes I know lots of people don't like social media) and there both Denise and Tony have been tagged which isn't possible here and of course (there) it's not possible to tag Colin, Jol or Mike for example because they aren't on Facebook. And even I don't know everyone by name :shock:

All the Best
Danny

Will L

Postby Will L » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Jol Wilkinson wrote:... and Denise for her excellent hospitality for the CAG summer meeting (although I have never been invited).

You're right about Denise's cream teas Jol, and you are very welcome to any CAG event, it's mince pies in Crewe this month chez Burton.

Will L

Postby Will L » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Jol Wilkinson wrote:... and Denise for her excellent hospitality for the CAG summer meeting (although I have never been invited).

You're right about Denise's cream teas Jol, and you (or any other societal member) are very welcome to any CAG event, it's mince pies in Crewe this month chez Burton.

Crewe Area Group Coordinator

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Would love to Will, but will be on a family visit elsewhere.

Knuckles

Postby Knuckles » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:01 am

Flymo748 wrote:
Knuckles wrote:Warley was awesome. Had a lot of fun, saw some great layouts and spoke to a few exhibitors and found most of what I wanted/needed to buy. Catching up with Flymo on the S4 stand was appreciated too. Sorry if I talked your head off somewhat. :D

You didn't at all :-)

It was great to catch up, and you've so many ideas going on it was really invigorating to hear some of them. I'm sure you'll have those hornblocks working smoothly soon as well.

Keep it up!
Cheers
Flymo

Bearing carriers rather than Hornblocks. :)

I must have missed out on the chockies but was glad to nab one of those S4 notebooks I saw advertised as a member freebie in Snooze. Much appreciated. Was glad to see Moor Street too as it is a layout I always wanted to see. Looking under the station canopy reveals exquisite modelling much impressive. Also the working lever frames..... :O I'm guessing they are all mechanically and electronically interlocked?

I'd never work it out.
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” Thomas Paine

https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/
Mostly 3D Printed Loco kits etc.

SCC Price list (7/4/22)
https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.co ... e77d42.pdf

James Wells

Postby James Wells » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 am

Knuckles wrote:Also the working lever frames..... :O I'm guessing they are all mechanically and electronically interlocked?

Minories certainly appeared to have switches worked off the levers too - very prototypical!

Return to “Exhibitions”