for those interested in sprung bogies or motorbikes...

andrewnummelin

for those interested in sprung bogies or motorbikes...

Postby andrewnummelin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:16 pm

If you fancy a leaf sprung bogie without side frames you need to go about 20 minutes into the programme that will only be available on line for about 2 weeks. I stumbled across this by chance and, although mainly off-topic, I thought some of you might be interested anyway. Regard it, if you like, as a challenge to start thinking about future modelling challenges if our railways should ever catch up....
I'm not sure about the video format, it played fine on an i-Pad but not on my laptop that does not have Flash.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/japanrailway/20160902.html
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Russ Elliott

Re: for those interested in sprung bogies or motorbikes...

Postby Russ Elliott » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:58 pm

Mmmmm - plastic CSBs! It must be so refreshing to live in a country that takes its railways seriously and enthusiastically.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:19 pm

andrewnummelin wrote:If you fancy a leaf sprung bogie without side frames you need to go about 20 minutes into the programme that will only be available on line for about 2 weeks. I stumbled across this by chance and, although mainly off-topic, I thought some of you might be interested anyway. Regard it, if you like, as a challenge to start thinking about future modelling challenges if our railways should ever catch up....
I'm not sure about the video format, it played fine on an i-Pad but not on my laptop that does not have Flash.

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/japanrailway/20160902.html

A very quick skim through it showed lots of interesting train stuff (and that plastic CSB) but where were the motorbikes???

I can't remember the name of the street in Tokyo that is rammed full of motorbike dealers. It was close to a Metro station as I went across there one day from the office. back when they *didn't* have English characters on the station nameboards. That made the trip interesting!

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:01 pm

but where were the motorbikes???
You have to listen to the commentary, in reference to the red painted styling on the bogie frames.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:48 pm

'ere yer go, Paul: double-ended 4-wheel Kawasaki:

japanese-e325-bogie.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:54 am

How big is the passenger! :D

Return to “Chassis and Suspensions”