Rochdale MRG 50th Anniversary Exhibition

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
Andy C

Rochdale MRG 50th Anniversary Exhibition

Postby Andy C » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:47 pm

OK Ok I know its the same weekend as an event in Wakefield - Don't blame us,I did check with Jamie about the dates of Scalefour North and was given the weekend before- but it will be worth making the trip across the hill to this small but finescale loaded show! Worth coming just for Tollesbury Quay on its own.

Rochdale MRG will be holding their 50th Model Railway Exhibition on 12th & 13th April 2014 at the Littleborough Coach House, Littleborough, OL15 9AE. This is very close to Littleborough Railway Station in the centre of the village. Several good pubs next door!

The idea is to go back to how the show was 50 years ago - small and friendly but with some absolutely class layouts - watch out for Tollesbury Quay making its debut - sublime modelling in 7mm FS by Martin Stringer featuring models which have won the championship cup at Manchester and a working tide in the creek as well!

UPDATED WEBSITE http://www.rmrg.co.uk

Exhibits booked to attend:

Hebble Street Goods, EM (New to circuit)

Iron Street Mills, EM

Kirkmellington, EM (Northern Debut)

Mortomley, OO

New Hey, EM

Stamford East, N

Tollesbury Quay, O (New to circuit)

L&YR Society

Todmorden Model Supplies

http://www.rmrg.co.uk

Wizard of the Moor

Re: Rochdale MRG 50th Anniversary Exhibition

Postby Wizard of the Moor » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Andy C wrote:OK Ok I know its the same weekend as an event in Wakefield - Don't blame us,I did check with Jamie about the dates of Scalefour North and was given the weekend before- but it will be worth making the trip across the hill to this small but finescale loaded show! Worth coming just for Tollesbury Quay on its own.

You have my sincere apologies, Andy. When the new Scalefour North venue told me that the original dates that we planned were double booked, and there was no chance that the other event would move, then I had 10 minutes to decide if there would be a show in 2014 or not. It's very disappointing for me, as I would have liked to be at Rochdale. That's a cracking line up and deserves to be successful.
James Dickie

My workbench

Andy C

Postby Andy C » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:24 pm

OK its not P4 but heres a sneak preview of Tollesbury Quay in 7mm by Martin Stringer> The J15 in the pic won the Championship Cup in the MMRS annual competition. You want to see the rest of the layout!!

Tollesbury.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Excellent 'flat-landscape' backscene.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 am

Andy C wrote:OK Ok I know its the same weekend as an event in Wakefield

Go to Rochdale one day and Scalefour North on the other. Simples! :D

Terry Bendall

Andy C

Postby Andy C » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:14 pm

If you are going oover to Scalefour North on the M62 why not come and spend a bit of time at the other finescale show taking place this weekend? We are 10 minutes from Jct 21 of the M62 - OL15 9AE

New Hey Footbridge.jpg

Tollesbury 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Exhibitions”