Fast track - I'm a bit confused...

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
Fishplate

Fast track - I'm a bit confused...

Postby Fishplate » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:02 am

Hi Guys,

Three of four years ago I purchased a selection of track making 'samples' at a visit to Scaleforum.. Up until that time all our track-laying had be done using Brook-smith Ply and rivets. Having been away from the hobby for quite a few years we were amazed at the advances made in track construction. One of the 'samples we purchased then was a packet of "Fast Track P4 straight." Ref: PW039.

I can't seem to find any reference to them in the current lists and a Goggle search came up with nothing. I am wondering if they have been re-numbers and named. I suspect these are the same as listed by Exactoscale as "4FT 101A - P4 FastTrack 18.83mm gauge for BH rail (2 metres)" or is this something different?

Thanks,
Ralph.

Russ Elliott

Re: Fast track - I'm a bit confused...

Postby Russ Elliott » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Ralph - yes, I think they are the same mouldings, and no doubt Andrew will clarify when he gets back from Scaleforum.

Fishplate

Postby Fishplate » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Thank you Russ, I thought they probably were...

Ralph ;)

andrew jukes

Postby andrew jukes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:06 am

Hi Ralph

Yes, PW039 is the same moulding that we now sell as 4FT 101A.

PW039 was the designation used by Bernard Weller and FastTrack was then sold in packs of six twin sprues, giving 960mm of track.

When Len Newman and I took over the business in November 2004, we switched to selling FastTrack panels broken off the sprue and in packs for 2 metres ........ and changed the designation to fit in with our overall scheme. We had some old packed stock which lasted into 2005, which is probably when you bought your pack.

Andrew Jukes

Fishplate

Postby Fishplate » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:09 am

Thanks for the clarification Andrew.

Ralph.

Return to “Track and Turnouts”