Scaleforum 2012 - Details

Announcements, recommendations, visit reports etc. Discussion of the Society's own shows.
dcockling

Scaleforum 2012 - Details

Postby dcockling » Mon May 14, 2012 10:05 am

Full details of Scaleforum 2012 have now been added to the Shows Page of the website.

This includes times and ticket details, plus details of Layouts, Demonstrations, visiting Societies, and Traders.

All the Best
Danny

PS If you can't see the update, just refresh the page in your browser.

Mike Garwood

Re: Scaleforum 2012 - Details

Postby Mike Garwood » Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Danny

Can't see Masokits - Mike Clarke, on the traders list, is he not able to attend?

regards

Mike

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Terry tells me that unfortunately Mike Clarke isn't able to attend this year.

All the Best
Danny

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Just noticed an ommission from the list of traders for Scaleforum on the web site. This is High Level Kits who will most definately be coming. Apologies to Chris Gibbons - my fault again! :?

A new trader to add to the list that we have managed to squeeze in is Acc+Ess Protocab. Seen at Scalefour North Protocab represents a new approach to model railway control where power comes from an on-board rechargeable battery and trains are controlled wirelessly from either Smartphones or tablets.

Terry Bendall

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:22 pm

There is a late change to the layouts for Scaleforum. Unfortunately, progress with the construction of Elcot Road, being built by my son and myself, has not progress as far as we would have wished, and rather than have a second unfinished layout at the show, we have decided not to exhibt at this stage rather than rush things and not complete the layout to the standard that we want to achieve. Some people will know that Simon has recently taken over as editor of Rail Express Modeller and no longer has the same amount of time to give to model making. Several layout owners were approached to see if they were able to attend, but unfortunately for various good reasons, none were able to come.

The space had been used to invite an additional trader who wanted to come, but for whom there was not sufficient space and to ease overcrowing in some places. The additional trader is CD3D Model making, a new company set up by Chris Dening formally of York Model Making. Chris will have on display his range of laser cut items for railway modelling and also offers a bespoke laser cutting service.

Apologies for the late change, but there will still be lots to see.

Terry Bendall

ChrisMitchell

Postby ChrisMitchell » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:51 pm

Its a pity there was no post via the forum for a replacement layout for Elcott Road. My layout, West End, isn't in the society exhibition database as being based in Belgium makes it difficult to attend exhibitions. However, I would have volunteered if I'd known that a replacement was needed at relatively short notice, as I am planning to head over this year anyway.

I guess I'd better send in details of the layout for inclusion in the database

Chris

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi all

Just as a little bit of clarification for those who have seen the scaleforum advert in Rail Express magazine, the plank is not going to be at scaleforum. Apparently its pictured in the ad.

Cheers

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

TonyMont

Postby TonyMont » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi All,

We have just booked two nights at the new Travelodge, which opens on the weekend of Scaleforum at Epsom central £59.00 for two nights. Must be worth a look if you are contemplating travelling some distance. :)

Best regards,

Tony.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:14 am

jim s-w wrote:Just as a little bit of clarification for those who have seen the scaleforum advert in Rail Express magazine, the plank is not going to be at scaleforum. Apparently its pictured in the ad.

Hi Jim,

You are correct. The images used were those available rather than a statement of what will be at Scaleforum this year, and unfortunately the timing did not work well with regard to the withdrawal of Elcot Road either.

The advert should be thought of more is the spirit of the picture of the picture on the front of a box of fishfingers - "serving suggestion" :-)

I'm confident that it won't affect the enjoyment of people visiting the show at the end of September!

Cheers
Paul Willis
Marketing Manager
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Metropolitan

Postby Metropolitan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Now look! We all know that this is the best Model Railway Show in the calander by far.

There is no need for it to cost you any money to attend!!!!

Just bring all your unwanted model railway stuff to sell. Anything goes. It's so esay and far cheaper than eBay. All you need to do is name your price, drop of the items at the Bring and Buy stand, and, if it sells collect your cash. We charge a miserly 10% comisiion. If your items do not sell then you take them back. Support the show by selling on the Bring and Buy please.

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Metropolitan wrote:Support the show by selling on the Bring and Buy please.

And you can download a form here, available in two formats: pdf and word.

All the Best
Danny

Steve Carter

Postby Steve Carter » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I see that Leysdown has now appeared in the list of layouts for Scaleforum.
Did I miss an announcement or is it supposed to be a surprise?
Nice layout and I hope that they will be operating the pre-grouping stock as at Uckfield last year?
See you there.
Steve
Steve Carter

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:16 pm

Waterloo wrote:I see that Leysdown has now appeared in the list of layouts for Scaleforum.

Errrr...That'll be a mistake Steve; and I don't know how that happened. Details were uploaded on 14th May, and Leysdown isn't included in the document that was sent to Rob for formatting and uploading.

Sorry folks, we'll get that amended shortly.

All the Best
Danny

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:33 pm

dcockling wrote:Sorry folks, we'll get that amended shortly

Now sorted.

RobM

Postby RobM » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:00 am

Errrrr..........little bit of lack of communication.............
Apparently Leysdown was omitted from the original list......I was informed a couple of days ago that it was to be added.
Rob

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:11 am

RobM wrote:Errrrr..........little bit of lack of communication.............

Not quite but a failure on my part to communicate clearly to Rob. I had a request for Leysdown to be included on the list of P4 layouts available for exhibition, not in the list for Scaleforum. Apologies to Martin Marrison and the Wealden AG and to everyone else.

Terry Bendall

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Last year I posted listings of the traders at Scaleforum in alphabetical and numerical stand order, as well as both together, so that members could download them if they wished. Here are this year's:

Key to Traders.pdf

Alphabetical Key to Traders.pdf

Numerical Key to Traders.pdf

All the Best
Danny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks Danny, that is very useful, saves me the bother of fiddling with the list.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 am

A late change to the Scaleforum line up. Unfortunately John McAleely who was due to do the Getting Started in P4 demonstration is now unable to come. He is required by his employer to work this weekend. I am very pleased to announce that Keith Norgrove has kindly agreed to do the demonstration instead and I am sure that those who are new to P4 will find much of interest on Keiths table.

Concerning the announcement by Exactoscale in another place that they are now unable to attend, we hope to find other traders who can fill the space. There are some who wanted to come. but we did not have room. If this is successful, details will be posted on here.

Terry Bendall

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:48 am

Danny

Are our wife's allowed in FOC? I seem to remember this was the case some years ago, but can't see it in any messages. Hope so as this year mine has chosen to keep an eye on my wallet for me...can't imagine why!

Look forward to seeing you Sunday, will you have the 'Scale4 kit' for me - Cardiff in October.

Mike

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 am

Mike Garwood wrote:Danny

Are our wife's allowed in FOC? I seem to remember this was the case some years ago, but can't see it in any messages. Hope so as this year mine has chosen to keep an eye on my wallet for me...can't imagine why!

Look forward to seeing you Sunday, will you have the 'Scale4 kit' for me - Cardiff in October.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, your wife is welcome at Scaleforum, regardless of how tight a grip she is keeping on your readies. From the Shows page http://www.scalefour.org/shows/shows.html#s4um :

"Members £5, Non-Members £8, Partners Free."

I'm sure that Danny will be along in a moment to confirm what is happening with the "Stand In A Box".

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
www.5522models.co.uk

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:16 am

Thanks Paul...for confirming my worst fears. Could have stayed in the car if I had to pay! :twisted:

Mike

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 am

Mike Garwood wrote:Danny

Are our wife's allowed in FOC? I seem to remember this was the case some years ago, but can't see it in any messages.

Hi Mike,

It's always been the case and still is:

Includes Partner.jpg

Partners Free.jpg

You just weren't looking hard enough :lol:

All the Best
Danny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 am

Mike Garwood wrote:Thanks Paul...for confirming my worst fears. Could have stayed in the car if I had to pay! :twisted:

Mike

I can see a new service being offered by the Society when we move to Stoke Mandeville...

A small boy scurries around all of the trade stands, and hands over a large black binliner, in return for a brown envelope and a promise of silence.

At the same time, the increased space allows the creation of a "Partners Creche" with comfy sofas, magazines and cupcakes, allowing Society members to prowl the trade stands unsupervised...

Cheers
P.
www.5522models.co.uk

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 am

Flymo748 wrote:I'm sure that Danny will be along in a moment to confirm what is happening with the "Stand In A Box".

Hi Mike,

I wasn't planning on bringing it along, as to be honest it's just more stuff to prepare before Scaleforum and more stuff to bring with me.

The Cardiff show isn't until 20th October, so I'll prepare it after Scaleforum and post it a bit nearer the time if that's OK with you.

All the Best
Danny

Return to “Exhibitions”