Close coupling of coaches

Re: Close coupling of coaches

Postby 45609 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:01 pm

I have attached the most up to date copy of the Bachmann Mark 1 conversion write up. It is in need of an update with respect to Masokits corridor connector mounting but I'm waiting until I do another rake so I can add some photos. In brief the problem is that the rubbing plate, by design, sits a bit low and fouls the Kaydee. The solution is to cut off the moulded top step that spans the gangway on the coach end and glue a strip of plasticard over the top as a replacement. This allows the backplate of the corridor connector to be set a little higher than Mike Clark suggests. The Kaydees, as mentioned in the attachment, are either 711 or 714. IIRC the only difference is the length of the metal dropper for uncoupling. The couplings are advertised as HO light duty by Kaydee which means there are very close to scale dimensions (but not form) to standard buckeyes used on BR, LNER and Pullman stock. I think this infomation is what I picked up from Keith's site a long time ago.

Cheers.....Morgan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 45609 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

David B

Postby David B » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Morgan Gilbert has a nice pdf that i've seen describing the Kadee fitted rake he had in the display case at S4um.

Not wanting to pass up the plug, the relevant coaches can be found here on the retrospective.

David

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Has anyone tried the Masokits coach coupling units? What's your experience of them? Any chance of a photo to see what they look like.

TIA

MIke

Return to “Coaches and NPCS”