Sutton Coldfield - 22nd / 23rd April

Chris Mitton

Sutton Coldfield - 22nd / 23rd April

Postby Chris Mitton » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi all

Just a quick puff for the Sutton Coldfield Railway Society's annual exhibition, coming up at Bishop Walsh school on the 22nd and 23rd of April - full details here. This is a popular family show, with diverse models on show from N right up to 5 inch gauge.....but this year we're breaking with tradition and including a P4 layout - Rob Milliken's exquisite "Manston Brewery". Sadly, his barrels don't contain real ale :(

Come along if you're in the West Midlands that weekend.....
Regards
Chris

RobM

Re: Sutton Coldfield - 22nd / 23rd April

Postby RobM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Very good show but sorry no converts but I did try.........honest!
Manston Brewery can boast its youngest driver.......about 5-6 years old. His grandfather had left his large railway layout (albeit 00) to him in his will which he regularly operates following the death of his grandfather. Took to the controls of Manston like a duck to water, excellent youngster. Sorry but no photos.
Then surprise on the Sunday.......Manston Brewery won the Exhibition's Manager Award.
My thanks to our esteemed Treasurer, Chris (although his badge calls him a treasuer :( ) for inviting me and thanks to the rest of his team for all their assistance in unloading, setting up and dismantling and then loading (Chris please pass on my thanks).
Rob

Return to “Local Show Publicity”