A Modelling Day in Sawston, Cambridgeshire

hughesp87

A Modelling Day in Sawston, Cambridgeshire

Postby hughesp87 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Not quite an exhibition in the formal sense of the word, but our friendly group of local 'Friday Nighters', in many ways the survivors of the erstwhile Cambridge Area Group, will be holding one of their occasional Modelling Days in the St Mary's Church Hall, Church Lane, Sawston, Cambridgeshire CB22 3JR, on Saturday 30th May.

The aim of the day is to bring some of the many and varied projects that we have been working on under one roof, and to literally 'play trains' for a day with donations from visitors going to support the activities of the church.

This year we can promise a varied selection of treats for our visitors, including David Barham's 'Fen End Pit', with working dragline in 16mm scale.

In P4, we have Brian Page's 'Oxenbridge', normally a home based rendition of the Keighley & Worth Valley terminus making a rare trip about half a mile to the other side of Sawston!

In 2mmFS, regular MRJ and Greystar Publications contributor Alex Duckworth will be showing some of the stock he is building for a future layout based on the Woodhead electrics, and may possibly bring some of his exquisite 4mm narrow gauge models of WW1 railways from the trenches.

In 009, Alan Browning will be showing a new section of the 'Isle of Dhoon' railway, which has been featured in Railway Modeller over the past year.

And finally, my own P87 Danish layout 'Obbekaer' will be making an appearance, after successful forays to Scaleforum and Scalefour South West.

There may also be one or two more surprises to add to the above! The hall will be open from around 1030 to 1600. Any visitors will be assured of a warm welcome, and we aim for a convivial atmosphere where our guests can talk to the creators and even drive a train or two if circumstances permit!

We look forward to seeing any readers of this Forum who are able to be with us on the 30th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geraint Hughes
Cromford & High Peak in P4
Danish Railways in P87

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: A Modelling Day in Sawston, Cambridgeshire

Postby Paul Willis » Sat May 30, 2015 7:13 am

I'm just off to have one of the motorbikes MOTed, and I hope to see you around about lunchtime :-)

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Carlos

Postby Carlos » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Thank you very much to everybody involved in that nice Modelling Day. The children were delighted, specially when a really patient Brian let them to operate fabulous Oxenbridge! I hope everything was ok after the day...

For me, I had the opportunity to enjoy Oxenbridge and Obbekaer, both of them very interesting for me, and to meet many people of our CHEAG area group! I think that this could be considered something alike a CHEAG exhibition, and I really hope it would be repeated soon.

So again, thanks everybody for that really lovely day at Swaston.

Carlos

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Carlos wrote:Thank you very much to everybody involved in that nice Modelling Day. The children were delighted, specially when a really patient Brian let them to operate fabulous Oxenbridge! I hope everything was ok after the day...

I am rubbish with a camera, particularly one on a phone, yet I hope that these give the impression of just how good things were :-)

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

Cheers!
Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Local Show Publicity”