Loco-building demo at Olney MRC show on 7 September 2013

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Loco-building demo at Olney MRC show on 7 September 2013

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:46 pm

We're delighted to say that Steve Duckworth will have an SDJR-biased loco-building demo stand at the Olney Model Railway Club show on Saturday 7th September.

You'll probably recall that Steve has contributed a couple of excellent articles to Scalefour News recently, showing how he manufactured parts for the S&DJR locomotives that he has been building.

The show is at the Carlton House Club (ex Working Men's Club) in the High Street, Olney

It will be open from 10.30am to 4.30pm.

Adults £2.50, concessions £2.00, family ticket £6.50.

Refreshments available including a full bar menu. Free parking nearby in the High Street.

Amongst the 8 layouts listed are the club's own 00 model of Olney MR Station and Dave Tailby's EM gauge Snape Maltings.

Steve very much hopes to meet some Society members on the day so please do drop by and say hello if you have the chance.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Marketing Manager
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Tim V

Re: Loco-building demo at Olney MRC show on 7 September 2013

Postby Tim V » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Very near Aylesbury, is this a rival show....
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

essdee

Postby essdee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Ha! - stirrer!

No, honest guv....really. It so happens that I have had this kind invite from Olney MRC, going back to last year - before Ayles-deville was confirmed - to run a loco demo. The history is that my former Ironbridge Institute tutor (try saying that after a malt or three) runs a Finney 47xx that I built (and painted, oh yes) for him a few years ago, at the Olney club. I was really flattered to get their invite, and am looking forward to a good day at the show, and will be especially pleased to meet any of our membership who are inclined to drop by on the day. Olney, and Turvey nearby, are both delightful places with superb oolitic limestone vernacular architecture, well worth a day out in their own right.

Mind you, I will need to explain why a Falcon Brass MR steam railmotor appears on an SDJR themed demo....

I am particularly interested in the Olney model itself, as I am wearing my MR hat rather more often than the S&D one at present, and Snape Maltings also sounds intriguing.

Chris Gibbon's TendeRiser gearbox will also feature strongly, as I am picking up where I left off back in 2011, at a very promising stage of installation in a John Fowler 0-6-0, with a small boiler.

Many thanks to Paul, incidentally, for posting this thread at disgracefully short notice from me (long story, mostly unconvincing).

Enough of a plug - but thanks Tim! Terry can call the posse off, and the Winchesters can go back in their cases; hope to meet some of you guys on the 7th?

And of course I shall be looking forward very much to a return trip south to sample Scaleforum on the 28th at Ayles-deville; see you there.

BW

Steve

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:35 pm

essdee wrote:Many thanks to Paul, incidentally, for posting this thread at disgracefully short notice from me (long story, mostly unconvincing).

Also added to the Calendar where there's a map link and a link to Olney MRC's website.

All the Best
Danny

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 am

Tim V wrote:Very near Aylesbury, is this a rival show....

Actually getting on for about 30 miles away, and a different weekend.

I hope that the show goes well and Steve can be assured that the posse will remain in the saloon. We will have to invite him to attend Scaleforum at some stage. :D

Terry Bendall

Return to “Local Show Publicity”