Model of model mine in 4mm scale

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
barhamd

Model of model mine in 4mm scale

Postby barhamd » Tue May 24, 2022 8:10 pm

I'm planning to start a 16mm scale layout and started by printing out a 1/4 scale plan for a model. I 3D printed some tiny items of stock to get a sense of how it might work, which of course work out at 4mm:ft. I think that means I have an excuse to show the pictures here! Track gauge as drawn here is 8mm.

The layout will fit on a single 4'x2' baseboard with a mine adit and a tipping dock. A couple of 4mm buildings from Clare give some idea of the scale.

aIMG_9017.jpg

The skips are based on drawings from the Hudson catalogue, these models are 20mm long.

aIMG_9018.jpg

I'm still working on the 3D model for the Eimco rock shovel, these little compressed air powered rail mounted shovels throw their load over the vehicle and into a wagon positioned behind them - whether I can actually build one that works in 16mm remains to be seen.

aIMG_9019.jpg

I'm going to make up a 1/4 size baseboard and add some scenic relief to work out how the final version might look.

Don't worry, I'm still working on Clare too.
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Layouts and Operations”