Danish Model Railroads

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
dcockling

Danish Model Railroads

Postby dcockling » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:04 pm

We've received a request from Lars Rasmussen asking if we can make our members aware of five small films that he has produced about Danish Model Railroads, in the hope that they may be of interest to our members.

Lars writes: "The films focus on a specific model railroad club in the Danish town Ribe. The three members have been working on their model railroad for more than 30 years, which has resulted in a unique friendship, a passion for the work – and not least an impressive railroad landscape. In the films, they also share some technical tips that might prove useful to other model railroad hobbyists.

The spoken language is Danish, but all the films come with English subtitles."

Here is the link to Lars' website: https://vibefilm.dk/rhjms-english/

All the Best
Danny

hughesp87

Re: Danish Model Railroads

Postby hughesp87 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks for posting Danny. I'll be interested to see this because these three have been friends of mine for many years and have been part of the inspiration and knowledge base behind my p87 efforts. Indeed two of them were part of my team when we exhibited Obbekær at Scaleforum in 2013, and they arranged the return trip when we took the layout to the Danish national show in 2014.

They are a very knowledgeable and friendly bunch, and are somewhat unusual in Denmark for taking a finescale approach to many aspects of their modelling. They have also been the brains behind much of the output of the Hobbytrade label, with their latest models of wagons, coaches and railcars using laser cut wooden bodywork, as the attached photo shows.

20200311_182343.jpg

Now to find some quiet time to watch the film and polish up my Danish!

Regards,

Geraint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geraint Hughes
Cromford & High Peak in P4
Danish Railways in P87

bevis

Re: Danish Model Railroads

Postby bevis » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:42 pm

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Some very nice work presented in a pleasantly quirky way.

Return to “Layouts and Operations”