Maygib Point Motors

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
Proton

Maygib Point Motors

Postby Proton » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Hello,

Whilst I have standardized on Fulgurex motors for turnout operation I am running low on my stash, and am thinking of using some old Maygib solenoid motors I acquired second-hand years ago. What is the recommended operating voltage for them (and AC/DC) They appear a bit sticky and the iron cores appear corroded.

But the main question is whether they are suitable for operating sprung blades. All the turnouts I would use them on are B-planed bullhead. Any assistance gratefully received.

If anyone has some Fulgurex machines they would like to consider selling, I may be interested.

John

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Re: Maygib Point Motors

Postby Terry Bendall » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 am

I have just got out one of my very old stock of these and they will work on 15 volts AC. As with all solenoid motors the action is quite fierce but they are reliable. An omega loop in the linkage would be helpful. They could probably be taken apart and the moving core cleaned with fine abrasive paper.

I managed to buy some new Fulgerex point motors a few years back so no doubt an internet search will bring something up.

Terry Bendall

Return to “Layouts and Operations”