New Street progress

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
jim s-w

Re: New Street progress

Postby jim s-w » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 pm

As you may be aware my friend Phil has taken over the wagon bits and kits side of Colin Criag's useful range and set up Stenson models. Its hoped this will grant Colin more time to develop stuff as well as new things Phil wants to develop himself.
One of the new bits is this rather handy etch for the HEA steps. Phil has used some good thinking in the design ensuring that the end result has a neat and robust way of actually attaching to the wagon (some purveyors of etched bits take note). The same steps were found on the MEA and MFA wagons too. One down 17 to go!

http://www.stensonmodels.co.uk
http://www.stensonmodels.co.uk/product/hea-mea-mfa-footsteps-sm19d/

Terry Bendall

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:05 am

jim s-w wrote:One of the new bits is this rather handy etch for the HEA steps.

I have not used these yet but I have made use of some of the steps designed for the VGA van which are similar and these are very good. The method of fixing to the chassis is particularly effective with two fixing surfaces at right angles which gives increased strength. There was a short review in the last issue of Rail Express.

Although I have known Phil Eames for some years I have no connection with the company other than as a satisfied customer.

Terry Bendall

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

A long time ago now I started work on 3 motorail coaches for New Street. The motorail train at 15 coaches will be the longest on the layout. The first coach was relatively easy (the blue and grey one in the picture) but the blue ones stalled because I wanted to do the ones that had Mk1 style divided windows. I got as far as drawing up and etch but never got it actually produced. However Brian of Extreme etches has done a set of window frames for the BG coach and these are the same so i can finally tick these 2 off as well. Some standard GUVs had these windows too so ill be doing some of those as well.

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:46 pm

A while ago I modified a Cambrian Turbot kit with a Rumney Models bogie bolster E underframe. ( http://www.p4newstreet.com/going-about-it-all-backwards.html ). Ive finally got around to doing the others too. Here they are on a visit to Brettell Road.

Mike Garwood

Postby Mike Garwood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:56 pm

That is exceptionally convincing Jim, lovely work.

Mike

Return to “Layouts and Operations”