The Ulpha Light Railway

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
Armchair Modeller

Re: The Ulpha Light Railway

Postby Armchair Modeller » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:43 pm

I have recently fitted the 'shelf' for the narrow gauge fiddle yard

Ulph094.jpg

I have mainly been busy with miniature brass origami, folding all the chairs for the remaining replacement pointwork on Ulpha.

Ulph095.jpg

Ulph096.jpg

Glad that's all over!

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:18 pm

For Heaven's sake don't drop the box!!

Steve

Armchair Modeller

Postby Armchair Modeller » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:36 pm

steve howe wrote:For Heaven's sake don't drop the box!!

Steve

Thanks for the concern - the box has a secure lid though, so all should be safe. ;)

Armchair Modeller

Postby Armchair Modeller » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 pm

I made a few final and very minor adjustments to the track plan this weekend in Templot, such that I am now very happy. The plan was printed out. The sheets for the central scenic board have now been stuck to 2mm MDF using contact adhesive. After a bit of trimming, the montage was placed over the baseboard to see how it would look. Spot on for what I intended, I think! The only change will be to slightly adjust the line of the goods siding (bottom right) so it lines up better with the existing buffer stop. I can do this when I lay the track, which will be flexible track - no need to adjust the Templot plan any further.

Ulph097.jpg

On the left hand side, the overall trackbed is slightly narrower than before to take it slightly further away from the quarry wall. You can just see the line of the existing track sticking out beyond it at top left. Apart from the waggonway track, everything will still closely resemble how it was originally though - including interlaced sleepers on the turnouts.

I have also tested the new track plan for the third board with the trestle to make sure that has sufficient clearance. Everything seems fine there too.

Next, I shall strip the existing track from the central scenic board ready for sticking the new trackbed down.

Return to “Layouts and Operations”