Rose Grove for Scaleforum

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
Weskie

Rose Grove for Scaleforum

Postby Weskie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi All
I've just been helping Steve Ridgway checking over Rose Grove in preperation for Scaleforum, and also seeing if Dave Holts DCC loco's will run on it.
Managed to take some pictures to share with you. Only bare boards and not all of them either.
Rose grove.jpg

Rose grove1.jpg

Rose grove2.jpg

Rose grove3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Westcott

TonyMont

Re: Rose Grove for Scaleforum

Postby TonyMont » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 pm

The photographs look great, I am looking forward to seeing the layout at Scaleforum. Rose Grove was near my home back in the 1960's. I hope Steve manages to capture the atmosphere of the place. Tony Montgomery.

Steve4RoseGrove

Postby Steve4RoseGrove » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Well, we are trying to do that, scouring hundreds of photographs, and asking people who were there (much useful information has been offered by ex-Rose Grove fireman Jim Walker). I look forward to meeting you, and you can judge for yourself- though very much remains to be done, including the buildings! Helpful comments are always welcome, you might even have knowledge of something which hasn't (yet) appeared in photographs found to date.
Steve

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:19 am

Cool

This was the layout at the Leamingon AGM a while ago wasn't it?

Cheers

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

Weskie

Postby Weskie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes your right there Jim. It was when the AGM was held in Stratford back in 2002
Andy Westcott

simonmoore

Postby simonmoore » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:07 pm

This is my dream layout :shock:

I live around the corner from the site of the old MPD & this is my dream layout their is'nt much left of the site now although the humps are still in place with track & their are a couple of yard lamps on the yard site but apart from that nothing remains . The station is just a bus stop although the platform is still the original & the bay for the railmotor is still their too.

It's a fantastic model & i look forward to seeing update's & hopefully when my brassmasters black 5 is built it can come for a day at scaleforum its based on 44909 a grove loco.

Simon.

Steve4RoseGrove

Postby Steve4RoseGrove » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 am

I was there 10 days ago, but didn't see any yard lamps - were they on the old Up Grid?
The turntable bridge is nearly complete - Trevor is assembling the mudguards, VERY fiddly / intricate!, and I have just added the buffer stop for the blank exit opposite the line from the coaling headshunt. The 2 lines are connected to the ash pits and the yard - just the 2 lines to lay into the coal stack area.

Steve
/Users/steveandmaryridgway/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2004/24B model/25010_1227447365679_1213897349_30527723_3760040_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Layouts and Operations”