All change for Lower Exbury

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
Jo Palmer

All change for Lower Exbury

Postby Jo Palmer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:49 am

It is with a heavy heart that I wish to announce that I am putting my P4 layout, Lower Exbury, up for sale.

Lower Exbury was created for one of Chris Challis's challenges on layout building and was first shown at Railwells in 2011. Since then it has visited various exhibitions around the country including Scalefour North but has had to turn down many more invitations. It has also featured on the cover of Scalefour News. Pressure of work meant that I had to withdraw it from Scaleforum last year, and although it will be at this year's show it will not be taken by me but will instead be operated by my Dad and brother who have kindly stepped in to help.

I feel that it is a waste of a lovely layout for it just to sit in my spare room at home instead of being out on the exhibition circuit and I just don't have the time to be able to commit to any more shows. For that reason I am now offering it for sale in the hope that someone else will be happy to take it on, either as a layout to use at home or as a layout to take to shows. It was built very much with Iain Rice's ethos of small layouts in mind and has always been very well received at the shows it has attended.

If you are going to Scaleforum please do have a good look at it and if anyone is interested then please get in touch with me and I can give more information, photos and build spec.

It is being sold as a complete layout including table for it to sit on with specially made drape. The stock that has been used on it is not included in the sale.

I will post more information in due course and am open to sensible offers for the layout but this was just to get information out there before what may be its final exhibition.

Thanks for reading.

Jo Palmer

Re: All change for Lower Exbury

Postby Jo Palmer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:04 am

My layout is now under offer pending a sale and so is no longer available.

My thanks to everyone who expressed an interest in purchasing it.

Jo

Alison B

Postby Alison B » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:14 pm

I'd like to confirm myself as the new owner of the delightful 'Lower Exbury', with invites already accepted into 2017. It will be appearing at the '101 Not Out' event' @ Epsom in March next year, as well as @ the South Hants MRC show in Portsmouth in November.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Alison.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Return to “Layouts and Operations”