South Pelaw Junction

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
John Donnelly
Web Team

Re: South Pelaw Junction

Postby John Donnelly » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks for that. How easy would you say they are to retro fit as I'm laying my track directly on to the boards?

John

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:18 pm

I fitted my Masokits ones after laying the track, Wasn't particulary hard. I don't think fitting them to loose turnouts would be any easier.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:49 am

grovenor-2685 wrote:I fitted my Masokits ones after laying the track, Wasn't particulary hard. I don't think fitting them to loose turnouts would be any easier.

Thanks Keith.

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:21 am

Well it's not much but it proves that I can build a single slip (tiebars and some chairs still to be added) without stuff falling off, at least in one direction :mrgreen:

Annoyingly, having made good progress with track laying and electrics, it looks like the new lockdown in the North East means that I'll not be able to work on the layout for a couple of weeks at least.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:49 am

Serjt-Dave wrote:I use the Masokits Tie bars and found them very good and reliable {so far}

A bit late to this but I have also used the Masokits stretcher rods and the work well. A bit fiddly to make up butthey work. My take on operation is a functional crank through the baseboard.

Terry Bendall

Return to “Layouts and Operations”