saltfleet first pics

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
chris58

saltfleet first pics

Postby chris58 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:38 am

DSC_0094.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

regards chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DougN

Re: saltfleet first pics

Postby DougN » Sun May 12, 2013 1:51 am

Chris those photos look great. Getting a handle on how to do things like posting pictures does take a little time. Saltfleet does look good. Can you give a description of what where when?
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sun May 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Lovely character. I particularly like the chap perusing the notice board :-)

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Chris Mitton

Postby Chris Mitton » Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Chris

Very nice atmosphere - I'm particularly impressed by the weed-strewn track - any chance of a posting on the how and what?

Regards
Chris

chris58

Postby chris58 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi all
thanks for the encouraging comments.A description of the ideas that led to SALTFLEET and the brief technical splurge is posted on the forum as NEW TO P4 in the members lounge.The scenics are a combination of stactic grass and hanging basket liner which a first tried about 15 years ago.The skaledale buildings are gifts from my children for birthdays and christmas.Much of the scenic work was achieved with the help of Peter Siddell who is also a member of the St Neots MRC.Some others are credited in the original article.Saltfleet is going to the open day at TRAINS4U our model shop in Peterborough.Th backscene is still being worked on .
Regards
Chris

chris58

Postby chris58 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi again
if you check you tube MODEL RAILWAY SALTFLEET A FIRST EFFORT you can view a slide display thanks to my 12 year olde son WILLIAM for doing this for me.
regards
chris

chris58

Postby chris58 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Chris Mitton wrote:Hi Chris

Very nice atmosphere - I'm particularly impressed by the weed-strewn track - any chance of a posting on the how and what?

Regards
Chris

I did the grass using a combination of hanging basket liner and stactic grass

Return to “Layouts and Operations”