Frampton

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
rich_eason

Frampton

Postby rich_eason » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 pm

I dont get much opportunity to get the layout up and running, however tonight was the exception and whilst in the process of checking things over and running a few movements I have taken some pictures which I hope you dont mind me sharing with you.

Setting the Scene
It’s the 1980’s and its summer. The yard at Frampton serves the nearby inland waterways dock at Sharpness and is connected via the spur onto the nearby Sharpness Branch. The recent decline of rail traffic to the docks has contributed to the deterioration of the yard at Frampton, however its location is key to its survival.

Frampton provides a useful rail connection to the nearby surviving industries, and more recently, the district civil engineer has started to utilise the yards proximity to the nearby Bristol to Gloucester mainline. With frequent visits from mainline locos, yard space soon becomes scarce as the resident Class 08 shunter jostles wagons for space.

08623 Stands in the yard at Frampton awaiting its next call of duty...
08.jpg

A few hours later 25080 arrives in the yard with a short rake of fitted vans...
25&Vans.jpg

and can be seen running around the recently arrived train.
25-Run-Round.jpg

As soon as 25080 had left the yard, 08623 started to move wagons to ensure that activity within the yard could continue...
08-and-vans.jpg

Later on in the afternoon, 47567 "Red Star" arrives with a single Departmental Brake van...
Red-Star-and-Van.jpg

TBC...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rich_eason

Re: Frampton

Postby rich_eason » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Continued...

And with 08623 occupied down at the nearby Sharpness Docks, "Red Star" is utilised in undertaking a brief shunting maneuver.
47-Shunting-copy.jpg

With all the frantic action in the yard over for the day, the "SR" Tunny, patiently awaits its next call of duty.
Tunney.jpg

Apologies for the pics. I'm not the worlds best "Photoshopper" and hope they are sized ok...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wizard of the Moor

Postby Wizard of the Moor » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Absolutely smashing! I really like the Tunney.

Can I ask what you have used for the chain link fencing that's shown in the background?
James Dickie

My workbench

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Rich - good to see this again after the RMWeb do at Taunton last year :)
Rod

mattots

Postby mattots » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 am

Great pics Richard. Like the run-down railway backwater kind of feel. Some great weathering and detailing.

rich_eason

Postby rich_eason » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Wizard of the Moor wrote:Absolutely smashing! I really like the Tunney.

Can I ask what you have used for the chain link fencing that's shown in the background?

The Fencing is the Ratio kit, two sprues of posts and "supports" hinges and two sized gates. Also a large roll of "netting" for the chain link. The only thing I would say is that I have found it quite difficult to find a suitable adhesive to stick the "netting" onto the posts, without it being obvious. The other problem is that the netting is difficult to cut straight and square.

Return to “Layouts and Operations”