SALTFLEET NEW UPDATE

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
chris58

SALTFLEET NEW UPDATE

Postby chris58 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Having trouble posting photos so please view my layout SALTFLEET at STNEOTS MRC WEBSITE and pass on any comments.SALTFLEET is fully operational and it,s a case of adding the detail. any constructive comments would be appreciated.
Regards
chris58

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: SALTFLEET NEW UPDATE

Postby Paul Willis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:12 pm

chris58 wrote:Having trouble posting photos so please view my layout SALTFLEET at STNEOTS MRC WEBSITE and pass on any comments.SALTFLEET is fully operational and it,s a case of adding the detail. any constructive comments would be appreciated.
Regards
chris58

Hi Chris,

I popped over there and it looks very nice indeed :-)

I particularly like the photo with the fuel lines (?) in the foreground. Very atmospheric, and a lovely feeling of bleak winter. The leaf-less trees are lovely in their shape and form.

If I was to try and give you some feedback, it would be to get hold of some period colour pictures of tank wagons, and follow those for the weathering. I feel that they should they should be filthier, and the actual weathering covered far more of the whole wagon. I'm not a modern image modeller, but that is my memory of wagons coming into the oil depot at Rowley Regis when I was growing up.

Paul Bartlett's site is a wealth of information. If the link works, have a look at http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/essopo ... #h4c284d6e

and see what I mean.

I look forward to seeing some more of Saltfleet :-)

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

chris58

Re: SALTFLEET NEW UPDATE

Postby chris58 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Glad you liked it.The trees have gained some leaves but i think they capture the feel of the area without being too seasonally specific.Photographs that i used for inspiration show the ESSO logo in a clean condition but the tanks appeared fairly evenly weatherd.Your comments are much appreciated as will the provision of toilet facilites to the fuel depot staff.

chris58

Return to “Layouts and Operations”