Operating Saltfleet

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
chris58

Operating Saltfleet

Postby chris58 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi all
nice to see that i,m not the only one off on flights of fancy.Operating Saltfleet at a pace to suit myself and indeed the sort of prototype and period portrayed is great fun.I do get around to doing some building and am looking forward installing the fuel discharge pipes using the Knightwing kits.Space contraints meen that it,s not possible to show the tanks themselves,however this is not a bad thing as i found that it looked crowded when i had a dummy run using toilet roll tubes.Keeping the uncluttered feel while adding to the detail is a challenge iv,e not had before.Adding the appropriate station furniture while maintaing the disused though not derelict look is just another interesting situation iv,e not come across before.Though not growing in size Saltfleet is gaining a pleasent feel when i have an operating session.I wonder does anyone else take tea breaks in real time like i do . When i,m not operating it is of course Sunday.
Chris58

Return to “Layouts and Operations”