St Mary Hoo on RMweb

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
jhock

St Mary Hoo on RMweb

Postby jhock » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Not sure if any one has seen this but I thought I would post a link to this Southern Region layout

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41625-st-mary-hoo/

It has a working third rail and some very high quality scenery, not my work.

Re6/6

Re: St Mary Hoo on RMweb

Postby Re6/6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Indeed Simon has produced some excellent work.I think that working 3rd rail in P4 is a first....unless somebody knows better!

I did briefly think about it for our Balcombe project....... but there will be working overhead though.
John

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Re6/6 wrote:I did briefly think about it for our Balcombe project

Not for very long I trust, John!
Rod

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 am

Re6/6 wrote:I think that working 3rd rail in P4 is a first....unless somebody knows better!

I think Ted Scannell's bit of working 3rd rail test-track has been around for at least 10 years!

Re6/6

Postby Re6/6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Russ Elliott wrote:
Re6/6 wrote:I think that working 3rd rail in P4 is a first....unless somebody knows better!

I think Ted Scannell's bit of working 3rd rail test-track has been around for at least 10 years!

Apologies Russ, I should have said 'layout' ! :?
John

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:54 am

jhock wrote:Not sure if any one has seen this but I thought I would post a link to this Southern Region layout

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41625-st-mary-hoo/

It has a working third rail and some very high quality scenery, not my work.

Hi James,

It took me a while to reply to you as I've spent the last few days on the commute to work catching up on what Simon has been doing by reading RMWeb.

The really is excellent work. I'd encourage anyone on here to go and have a browse of it, either for the technical prowess of a working third rail, or the superb scenic work that really captures the atmosphere of a coastal salt marsh, or both!

I'd forgotten about that layout myself. I'd been following it on Blogspot - http://stmaryhoo.blogspot.com/ - but as there had been no update since July last year I thought that work was suspended temporarily.

As RMWeb has become so flaky over the last few months on the technical side, I rarely look over there, and I simply can't get the notifications of new posts to work properly for me :-(

Thanks for pointing it out. I'll pay much more attention in future!
Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 am

Flymo748 wrote:The really is excellent work. I'd encourage anyone on here to go and have a browse of it, either for the technical prowess of a working third rail, or the superb scenic work that really captures the atmosphere of a coastal salt marsh, or both!

It is indeed very good work, and an invitation to bring the layout to Scaleforum once it is complete has been issued.

Terry Bendall

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:50 pm

This layout was news to me as well, so I'm also grateful for the references to it, having more or less given up on RMweb as a means of finding things - lots of old thread and blog references don't work anymore, and the search facility is time-limited now as well. Grrr! Shame really, because there's quite a bit of good stuff there.

Return to “Layouts and Operations”