Layout Lighting

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
David Burton

Layout Lighting

Postby David Burton » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:28 pm

A few years ago at Scaleforum there was a lecture on layout lighting given by someone, if I remember correctly, who worked in theatre lighting. Unfortunately, I didn't take anything into the lecture with me to write on. However, the following year, I think it was, the same person had a small lighting demonstration stand in the main hall, where he was demonstrating the effect of various colour infill lighting etc. This time I did take notes. However, now that I have come to use said notes I cannot find them filed where they should be (how many times have we all found this!).

Can any one recall this demonstration, who was it given by, and the person's contact details if possible?

Thanks

David

dcockling

Re: Layout Lighting

Postby dcockling » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi David,

I've found in the Scaleforum 2003 Show Guide details of a demonstration of Layout Lighting by Dave Zelly. The entry in the show guide says: "Dave will be attending, together with a layout, to show you how improved lighting on your layout can be achieved by the use of readily available items from your local DIY store."

You'll also find an article: "Thoughts upon viewing Dave Zelly's presentation at Scaleforum 2003" by Jim Summers in Scalefour News 136.

If you don't have either of these publications they can be downloaded from the archive.

Dave Zelly was member no 3526, he joined at Scaleforum in 1986, but his membership lapsed in 1989 and he hasn't been a member since, so I'm afraid I don't have any contact details on the database. However the website of the Mid-Essex MRC says: "If you would like further information about the Mid Essex Model Railway Club and its activities, or you would like to visit us at Margaretting (how about on one of our open days), please contact Mr. David Zelly, 15 Edwards Close, Hutton, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 1BU, UK. or secretary@midessexmrc.co.uk"

Hope this helps,

All the Best
Danny

David Burton

Re: Layout Lighting

Postby David Burton » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi Danny

Thanks very much for this. For starters, I'll dig out the article this evening.

David

Return to “Layouts and Operations”