Building a layout - Model Railway Constructor series

Tell us about your layout, where you put it, how you built it, how you operate it.
Rod Cameron

Re: Building a layout - Model Railway Constructor series

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am

Some additions to the list above (in red).
Rod

essdee

Postby essdee » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Rod,

I emailed a scanned pdf of the first instalment of Rocky Road to Heckmondwike yesterday; still in red on list - did it not reach you (the non-archivist address, replying to your email)?

Am currently scanning the Modeller's Backtrack article and will send to the archivist email address to be sure.

Regards

Steve

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi Steve - all received many thanks (work is insane at the moment so no time to check until this evening).
Rod

HowardGWR

Postby HowardGWR » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Rod, be patient with me. If this stuff is in an S4 archive but it is only there in hard copy, what is the use of it to someone not living nearby (nearby where by the way)? I had a look in the 'Archive' but only the list (some use i suppose if fishing on Ebay).

So can one order copies or are they viewable at Shows? Many thanks for any info, Howard

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Howard,

You'll find the contact details of all Society Officers on the Blue Sheet: see my post of 15th December. In addition some names and contact details are published on page 2 of every edition of Scalefour News.

All the Best
Danny

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:09 am

thomascpre wrote:Rod, be patient with me. If this stuff is in an S4 archive but it is only there in hard copy, what is the use of it to someone not living nearby (nearby where by the way)? I had a look in the 'Archive' but only the list (some use i suppose if fishing on Ebay).

So can one order copies or are they viewable at Shows? Many thanks for any info, Howard

Howard

If you were looking at the Scalefour News archive on the website then the whole set is available for download by clicking on the relevant issue. This also includes the Protofour Society publications Precision and Prototype. Various Society members have put significant effort into scanning these documents from the archive to make this facility available. You can also download facsimiles of many of the original MRSG articles.

Other than that the archive contains various items of historical correspondence, old issues of the Digest, results of the Deputy Chairman's Cup competitions and other ephemera. And also some (but by no means all) of articles on P4 layouts published in magazines over the years.

So what is not available to download already is not really practicable to make available on a general basis. If there is something in particular you are looking for then ask. I suppose I ought to produce a complete catalogue of what is there but I don't have the time at the moment.

My profile to the right shows where I live, and my full details are on the Blue Sheet.

HTH
Rod

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:26 am

Just to add to that, there are copyright issues with just publishing copies of magazine articles on the website. Those that we have scanned and made available are those where we were able to obtain permission from the authors.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Return to “Layouts and Operations”