High Level N.S.R. Battery Electric Loco

What individual members are up to.
zebedeesknees

High Level N.S.R. Battery Electric Loco

Postby zebedeesknees » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Hi all, I have been working on the BEL.2, one of Chris's more recent kits for a week or so, and wondered if anyone else was, and wished to compare notes..?

The chassis -'Motor bogie' - is running now after some challenges.

Why build it? - Don't ask, but it isn't only because they were battery powered...

Ted.
(A purists' purist)

Rod Cameron

Re: High Level N.S.R. Battery Electric Loco

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:32 pm

Is the battery for R-C going in the same place as the prototype Ted? ;)
Rod

zebedeesknees

Re: High Level N.S.R. Battery Electric Loco

Postby zebedeesknees » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:59 am

Rod Cameron wrote:Is the battery for R-C going in the same place as the prototype Ted? ;)

That is the current plan Rod, but space might be an issue. It was only last night that I got to the stage of offering up the running plate and cab to the drive arrangement, or bogie as Chris refers to it.

There is room for small batteries in the prototype position but the motor/worm design occupies more than I hoped. There is a tempting amount of space between the axles, a much smaller 4volt motor and horizontal MicroMisers are in stock.

Despite Chris's ingenious design, it is 'compensated' where I would of course prefer springing, and with an 8' wheelbase, sprung bogie parts may yet allow for the drive to go there. No bogie pivot in the way. Pics when I have a bit more to show.

Ted.
(A purists' purist)

Return to “On My Workbench”