0-6-0 Tender 24mm 26mm WB CSB Plot

What individual members are up to.
Winander

0-6-0 Tender 24mm 26mm WB CSB Plot

Postby Winander » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:56 pm

The wheelbase quoted above and in the plot is rear axle to the left. I have at least two of these to build, all but one will be tender driven.

An automatic plot looked good but the rear (a) value was 7.5mm which put the fulcrum 0.5mm over the end of the frame. I adjusted this dimension by -1.5mm and the other dimensions as shown to achieve the attached. I had tried -2mm but that wasn't as good. The buffer beam is a fold up box and I may be able to gain about 1mm within it to give space for the wire to move. If I use a bracket for the pivot (etches from London Road Models) rather than a handrail knob I can move closer to the ideal 7.5mm. Or is that not a doable/recommended pipe dream? Is the plot below good enough?

One concern I have is that I used LibreOffice as Microsoft isn't an option in this household, and, therefore, some validation of the results in Excel would be reassuring.

0-6-0 Tender 24-26 CSB Plot v2.png

Thanks in anticipation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Will L

Re: 0-6-0 Tender 24mm 26mm WB CSB Plot

Postby Will L » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Richard

While I don't think I would like to bring the end fulcrum points in any closer than that, and a bit more would be nice, the plot looks very reasonable.

Excel gives the same answers as you software. The results aren't as stable as I would like (small changes produce relatively large differences) which tends to indicate your getting close to the practical limits There is only one way to be sure.

Winander

Re: 0-6-0 Tender 24mm 26mm WB CSB Plot

Postby Winander » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:08 pm

Thanks Will, good to know.

I think I will start to build the body so that I can see exactly where the buffer beam is and then try to get the rear fulcrum as near to the automatic plot (7.5mm) as I can.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Return to “On My Workbench”