Mitchell Castle bogie

What individual members are up to.
zebedeesknees

Re: Mitchell Castle bogie

Postby zebedeesknees » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Horsetan wrote:
I haven't lost mine. I just can't remember where I put them!!

That would be the legal distinction between 'irretrievably lost' and 'temporarily mislaid'? ;)

Ted.
(A purists' purist)

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:43 am

billbedford wrote:
Flymo748 wrote:However, in terms of copyright, there may be a world of difference between saving copies for personal use and making publicly available. I suspect that is less of an issue for suppliers like Brassmasters who do this themselves, but the two scenarios of (i) those who don't and (ii) deceased (in the commercial sense) producers would need to be clarified.

All you have to do is ask permission from the copyright holder. For ranges that are no longer extant, a note can be attached to the effect that the items will be removed if the copyright holder objects to them being made public. Of course, you will have to have some sort of test to ensure that the person who objects is actually the copyright owner.

Hi Bill,

That's roughly my thinking, but to do that properly it will need writing up, and a framework creating. If for no other reason than to make it a useful and easily accessed resource rather than a random collection thrown at the internet.

Something to think through, write down, and propose to the Committee in due course. Starting with defunct suppliers is probably most useful, given those are the kits that will be circulating secondhand and/or part-built.

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:45 am

David B wrote:
DougN wrote:This might sound crazy but could the list here have a section for instructions? Thankfully brassmasters have theirs online along with their Finney kits. No doubt Chris at high level might put his up on his website but older kits etc as people find them scan them and up load?

Is this a good idea to solve these types of problems?

I offered to do this a few years ago but it was not taken up.

Hi David,

I'm sorry - I don't recall this myself, and looking last night I couldn't find a trace of a note in my Committee papers.

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “On My Workbench”