Keeping those wires and rods in order

What individual members are up to.
John Bateson

Keeping those wires and rods in order

Postby John Bateson » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:37 am

In another place a member was asking about storing all those loose bits of wire etc and was making good use of a Johnny Walker box. Finding the right wire would be a problem though.

This is what I do ...
Ebay
Clear Rolls of Polythene Plastic Layflat Tubing 250 & 500 Gauge - All Si...
Total: £11.99
Item number: 151247469707

This tubing can be cut to length (<12") for example, then run a hot soldering iron across one end to seal it, and attach a blank business card to the other end. If you want to be really keen use this card to define the contents and the current inventory. I attach wires with sellotape to white card or some very old plastcard I had.

Then store these in any empty cardboard box you may have. I use Really Useful Boxes 1.5L (usually these are for pencils and art stuff).
WIN_20190429_11_26_11_Pro.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...

Jol Wilkinson

Re: Keeping those wires and rods in order

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:36 am

When buying 12" wire or strip from Hobby Holidays at a show, Phil puts it in clear tubes with black plastic caps to avoid damage. I now have sufficient for all the standard sizes, suitably labelled.

David B

Postby David B » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:38 pm

I use Plastruct tubing and described them back at the end of 2015 under 'Storing straight things'.

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 pm

John Bateson wrote:In another place a member was asking about storing all those loose bits of wire etc and was making good use of a Johnny Walker box.

Hi John

Not getting at you specifically, many do it, but assuming you mean RMWeb (other forums are available) why can't we say 'On RMWeb' or even provide the link in case other good ideas come up in the source thread? Or did you mean the House of Lords 8-)
Rod

John Bateson

Postby John Bateson » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:11 pm

Yes Rob, I really should avoid euphemisms - I did mean RMWEB - a forum which does have a few things that impact me.
John
Slaving away still on GCR stuff ...

Return to “On My Workbench”