Dave Holt's Workbench

What individual members are up to.
Dave Holt

Dave Holt's Workbench

Postby Dave Holt » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:42 pm

I thought this is a good opportunity to start posting some bits about my various workbench projects whilst nothing is being done! Unfortunately, I broke my right arm about three weeks ago when I tripped and fell heavily following some 304.8 mm to the foot scale modelling [my 20 year involvement in the restoration and, now, maintenance of Rebuilt Merchant Navy class, 35006, P&O].

Prior to my accident, I was working towards finishing my BR Standard Class 2, 2-6-2 tank, a PenBits sprung chassis for the latest, 6 axle drive, Bachmann Class 40 and a Rumney sprung chassis for a BR 16 ton mineral wagon. All are now in abeyance, pending the healing of my arm.

The Standard 2 tank is a much modified DJH model on a Comet chassis and is one of the few truly appropriate locos I've built so far for my layout based on Delph, as a fleet of this type was allocated to Lees shed in the mid-1950's to operate the push-pull trains that ran between Oldham and Delph. All that remains to be done is to place the crew inside the cab, fix the cab roof on, wire in the DCC chip and, no doubt, do a bit of rectification to the paint/weathering due to handling damage. As with my other recent models, this one has been painted, lined and weathered by good friend, David Clarke.

Std_2_032.JPG

Std_2_031.JPG

The Class 40 has the working chassis completed and the Bachmann cosmetic bogie frames fitted but no other detailing or modification work done so far. I'm not altogether happy that I've got the bogie frames in quite the right place, relative to the working parts, so this may have to be re-visited before I get too far on with the detailing work.

Cl40_017.JPG

I might put up some more photos of these, showing stages of construction, if anyone is interested.

Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dave Holt on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philip Hall

Re: Dave Holt's Workbench

Postby Philip Hall » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:56 pm

As always, Dave, some beautiful stuff! Makes me think I should get out my half - finished Class 3 conversion. Please keep us up to date with developments, and work in progress would be good as well.

Philip

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Good to see you here Dave. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you get well soon

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

Brian Pearce

Postby Brian Pearce » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Return to “On My Workbench”