Manning Wardle K class

What individual members are up to.
David Knight

Manning Wardle K class

Postby David Knight » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 am

I've been puttering along with the RTModels version of the Manning Wardle K class 0-6-0T and found the need to diverge from the script and thought I'd pass on the bodge that I hope will make the job a bit easier.
IMG_0831.jpg

This is a very small engine and as such takes the Mashima 1015 which I've mounted vertically on a HighLevel Road runner +. The trick part is stuffing this motor into a firebox that is perilously close to being the same size as the motor so I decided to improvise. I have replaced the components in the kit with two flanged pieces of 0.010" brass which was annealed and worked around a form made from a bit of scrap steel. the form was made 0.20" undersize in width so that the flange would fit inside the material provided for the wrapper of the firebox.
IMG_0833.jpg

This also has the benefit of producing a curved edge where the two parts meet rather than the rather sharp corner that the original components would have given.

For some reason the first image has gone in twice despite my efforts at editing. Apologies. (Fixed KN)

Cheers,

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “On My Workbench”