Stock for Cadhay

What individual members are up to.
CDGFife

Re: Stock for Cadhay

Postby CDGFife » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Latest additions to the Cadhay Roster, some even had their first pass of weathering!

18-10-001.jpg

18-10-002.jpg

18-10-003.jpg

18-10-004.jpg

18-10-005.jpg

All have had their AJs fitted fettled and checked, so can enter service this weekend.

Cheers

CDG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:05 pm

The background doesn't look like your front room any longer Chris?
Tim Lee

CDGFife

Postby CDGFife » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:12 pm

No Tim,

When the Sidmouth Junction fiddle yard got it's traverser it became 2" too long to fit diagonally in the lounge (even with the telly removed!). It now lives in my refurbed workshops at the end of the garden and if I take the SJ fiddle yard off I even have room to work in the workshop!!! Does help progress having it set up more or less permanently. Only real issue is I don't have the headroom to set up the light gantry so we hang the lights off the ceiling.

Cheers

CDG

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:16 am

CDGFife wrote: It now lives in my refurbed workshops at the end of the garden and if I take the SJ fiddle yard off I even have room to work in the workshop!!!

For those who have the space (and the funds), a workshop/layout room in the garden can be a good solution and having a working space in the same room is even better. Sometimes more space can be found than in the house. Those living in flats and apartments of course don't have this choice.

And those wagons look very nice.

Terry Bendall

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 am

Hi Chris, :)

Wagons looking good, I have been weathering my Wemyss stock when I get time, I will post a few shots in time, but we will all be looking forward to seeing your stock at our next Starters Group meeting. I am adding lead floors to about 50 wagons to allow them to run empty on the new layout , and have done about 20 BR 16T wagons recently which will be used on the Buckhaven Branch part of the layout and also the colliery section of the West Group's layout.

The Wemyss system showed a certain amount of variation in placing of lettering and styles, being an industrial set up.I will try to find a few variations for one of our meetings.

Allan :)

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Terry Bendall wrote:
For those who have the space (and the funds), a workshop/layout room in the garden can be a good solution and having a working space in the same room is even better.

I can confirm that having a big railway room at the bottom of the garden with the fairies is very nice. Not quite nice on occasions like today when the rain is hammering down and the walk down there become a dash! Although I have to think of the commuters having to endure GWR’s overhead line problems this morning...

Philip

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Philip Hall wrote:I can confirm that having a big railway room at the bottom of the garden with the fairies is very nice. Not quite nice on occasions like today when the rain is hammering down and the walk down there become a dash!
Philip

Umbrella :D :thumb
Tim Lee

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Then you leave one umbrella at the bottom of the garden when it’s stopped raining and before long you have a collection of them at one end of the garden and none at the other!

Philip

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Philip Hall wrote:Then you leave one umbrella at the bottom of the garden when it’s stopped raining and before long you have a collection of them at one end of the garden and none at the other!

Philip

What you need Philip is a garden rail system with an umbrella collection facility .... then there would be an incentive to shunt umbrellas on fine days coupled to the desire to have as much in terms of cargo as well as stock to shunt. :thumb ... you know it makes sense :D
Tim Lee

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:00 pm

P4 might be a bit fragile for ‘umbrella rail’, maybe G1 or bigger. I always fancied a garden railway, don’t tell The Boss...

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:12 am

Philip Hall wrote:Then you leave one umbrella at the bottom of the garden when it’s stopped raining and before long you have a collection of them at one end of the garden and none at the other!

Philip

A modified single-line token machine is the answer :-)

You can't take posession of the final umbrella to clear the section if it would leave none in place for the next trip. You may have to occasionally run an "umbrella special" to rebalance them, just like brake vans had to be collected up and returned.

9222622_orig.jpg

Or get a chit from the "Controller" to return to the kitchen without a brolly ;=)

Cheers
Flymo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:37 am

Paul, you must have known. Eggesford is quite close to where ’Mellstock’ is set. Okehampton in real life. It was also just up the way from where my old Taw Vale (in theory) left the Exeter - Barnstaple line en route to a junction near Sampford Courtenay on the Exeter - Plymouth.

I’ve just been reminded that a friend of mine is half way through building a 5 inch gauge Britannia. With an umbrella carrying train of that size I could save myself a walk as well. But it would take a while to get up steam, by which time it might have stopped raining...

Today, though, the sun is shining (sort of) so the forty yard journey is quite acceptable!

Philip

Return to “On My Workbench”