NEEAG October meeting

Moderator: Jol Wilkinson

Jol Wilkinson

NEEAG October meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:47 am

Just to confuse everyone and accommodate several members' other commitments, NEEAG's October meeting will be held on Thursday 2 November at 7:00 in the usual venue;

The Colchester Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Clubhouse
13a President Road
Colchester
CO3 9ED

Topics to be discussed will include progress on the Lavenham project, including interesting developments on track design and construction, members own modelling activities, etc.

As usual we expect to have a lively evening, while enjoying tea, coffee and biscuits. If you live within travelling distance, please feel free to join us.

Jol Wilkinson

Re: NEEAG October meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 am

Ten members attended the October meeting.

Most of our time was spent discussing the Lavenham layout project. Unfortunately the member who is printing off the latest track plan and laser cutting the track bases was unable to attend through business commitments so we were unable to make any progress with producing track. We are also using a rail feed connector system that will provide totally invisible rail connections but which requires some items we don't have to hand yet. The carpentry team have made good progress with the three scenic baseboards so we were able to discuss other timber activities to keep them busy.

Missing from this view are Len (taking a nicotine break) and me, operating the camera.

Oct 17 meeting.jpg

We were also able to spend some time looking at members other modelling activities.

Paul Cram brought long the 52F LNER T1 kit he is building. Mainly etched it also features a cast w/m smokebox

PC NER T1.jpg

Also on view were a set of etches for the London Road Models NER S3/LNER B16. These are the original Steve Barnfield design etches and will be accompanied by an additional etch to include the later type 49a boiler, a footplate with sufficient clearance for EM and P4 wgheels and the later, plain splashers when the kit is reintroduced. I took the opportunity to discuss the new artwork desigh with two NEEAG members who have more NER knowledge then I do. An independent "test build" of the original version of the kit has appeared on RMweb.

S3 etches.jpg

Our next meeting will be on Thursday, 30th November.

DougN

Re: NEEAG October meeting

Postby DougN » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:30 am

Owww that B16 looks very tasty :thumb I hope it will be available for a few years, I have too many other kits that need to be completed before I purchase another one :cry:
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Return to “North East Essex (NEEAG)”