NEEAG January 2017 meeting

Moderator: Jol Wilkinson

Jol Wilkinson

NEEAG January 2017 meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm

The NEEAG January 2017 meeting will be on Thursday January 26th at 7:00 in the usual venue;

The Colchester Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Clubhouse
13a President Road
Colchester
CO3 9ED

We will commence the new year as we left the old, discussing progress - or at least planning it - for the group's layout project.

In addition to sharing progress on our own projects, there will also be the opportunity to discuss what Santa brought for those who behaved themselves in 2016.

Old, young and new members welcome.

Jol Wilkinson

Re: NEEAG January 2017 meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:41 pm

The meeting was attended by ten members and one guest who came to test the temperature of the water.

In addition to a lively debate - sometimes several at once - over the track plan for the group's layout project we managed to come to a final agreement, as well as discussing the requisite standards for baseboard construction turnouts, etc. A final Templot track plan has already magically appeared.

This was followed by more tea and coffee and a look at new stuff from various members. These included "restoring" a S/H Avonside chassis jig to proper working order, some test etches of LNWR bits and pieces and a pivot mount for AJ couplings and a new moulded carriage bogie kit. Further information on this last item is the subject of an embargo but LNER modelers will be delighted.

I was also able to report that I will shortly be cataloging for sale the small scale items and books belonging to our late AG founding member, Mike Gipson.

Our next meeting will be on Thursday 23 February .

SHurst

Postby SHurst » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Hello Jol

and a new moulded carriage bogie kit. Further information on this last item is the subject of an embargo but LNER modelers will be delighted.

In that "other place" :o - i.e. RM Web, :shock: reference is made to "LNER Carriage bodies, designed in UK and produced in China" :thumb

Is it just the Carriage bogies or is it the Carriage bodies you are referring to ? :? Or both ? :P

Simon

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:40 am

Simon,

the RMWeb reference was incorrect - I really must stop using that Samsung tablet with it's damned predictive (or is it prescriptive) text. I've corrected the original post and added another with a correction.

The sample I was shown is for an LNER bogie.

What is really needed are some moulded cosmetic LNWR bogie frames to for the Brassmasters etched bogie unit.

Jol

Return to “North East Essex (NEEAG)”