NEEAG December meeting

Moderator: Jol Wilkinson

Jol Wilkinson

NEEAG December meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:45 am

The December NEEAG meeting will be held on Thursday 18th December at the usual venue, commencing at 7:00 p.m.

The Colchester Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Clubhouse
13a President Road
Colchester
CO3 9ED

This will be a general modelling evening and Mince Pie fest. New members and Christmas food gourmets welcome.

Jol Wilkinson

Re: NEEAG December meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:00 pm

The meeting meeting was attended by ten members who enjoyed a variety of Christmas delicacies, including freshly baked sausage rolls and mince pies. The only thing missing was Mary Berry.

Discussions covered included photographing models (scale ones). To assist with this Angus brought along two brake vans he is scratch building as a Christmas holiday project. As these are Gauge 1 it caused a little confusion. Various cameras were on display and Richard M had linked one to a laptop to demonstrate remote control, ideal for adjusting the camera settings without disturbing it. This part of the agenda was prompted by my desire to improve my photography skills.

Mike G brought along some wagons he is converting to P4 to discuss the techniques he is using. We also had newly acquired kits to look at, including the no longer available D&S NER Open CCT (at least I think I got the last one from Danny Pinnock) a Chivers LSWR van that will eventually find it's way onto Mike's layout (via London Road) and an example of a laser cut horse drawn van.

NEEAG December meeting.jpg
NEEAG December meeting.jpg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

Richard and Keith discuss remote controlled photography while Phil looks on. In the background, various sausage roll recipes are discussed.

G1 brake vans.jpg
G1 brake vans.jpg (60.41 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

Almost entirely built from plasticard, these are two and a half times bigger than we are used to.

Return to “North East Essex (NEEAG)”