NEEAG July/August meeting

Moderator: Jol Wilkinson

Jol Wilkinson

NEEAG July/August meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Just to confuse everyone, NEEAG are holding a second July meeting, on Thursday 31st July at the usual venue;

The Colchester Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Clubhouse
13a President Road
Colchester
CO3 9ED

Angus Holdsworthy will be introducing us to 3D printing, followed by (time permitting) a general discussion on etching and laser cutting CAD.

Flymo748

Re: NEEAG July/August meeting

Postby Flymo748 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Jol Wilkinson wrote:Just to confuse everyone, NEEAG are holding a second July meeting, on Thursday 31st July at the usual venue;

The Colchester Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Clubhouse
13a President Road
Colchester
CO3 9ED

Angus Holdsworthy will be introducing us to 3D printing, followed by (time permitting) a general discussion on etching and laser cutting CAD.

I'm aiming to be along for that. If the weather holds up, I'll enjoy the ride!

Nothing too new on the modelling front in the past three weeks, but I've cracked on with instructions for my coupling mount design.

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Jol Wilkinson

Re: NEEAG July/August meeting

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:17 am

About ten members attended (I forgot to do a count), including Flymo, sporting the latest in motor cycling body armour.

Angus gave a very interesting presentation on 3D printing, including a frightening - to me at least - demonstration of his 3D CAD skills.

The general consensus was that the technology still has some way to go before matching the commonly used technologies for kit/model making for some items but does offer benefits for smaller components such as shown in the topic on Printed buffers for wagons viewtopic.php?f=89&t=3784 or in producing "complex" patterns for castings.

Mike G, who started the NEEAG, was unable to attend as he is receiving treatment for a serious illness. We all wish him a very speedy and full recovery.

Jol Wilkinson

Return to “North East Essex (NEEAG)”