New book from the RCHS

Model and prototype rolling stock, locos, multiple units etc.
andrewnummelin

New book from the RCHS

Postby andrewnummelin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:28 pm

My copy of this arrived this morning and although not directly relevant to our common modelling activities I thought it would be of particular interest to at least one well known member... and anyone looking for applications for spur gears.

Michael Lewis has written what I expect to be an excellent read with the title “Steam on the Sirhowy Tramroad and its Neighbours”. For those who do not know the area, or period, covered by the book may not be aware of there being a fascinating time when some of the plateways were being converted to conventional railways: there were rails that could take both normal flanged wheels and flangeless tramway wheels so the two could run together. There were also wheels that were intended to run on both types of rail.

I’ve always had a fancy for trying to model something from this period so now I’ve not really got an excuse not to try something. Had the book appeared a few months ago I might have picked something for the socially distanced challenge: maybe I’ll do something for the exhibition after next. May have to wait for Templot to feature the track work first though. Perhaps Rumney Models may even be tempted to make a kit for the 0-4-4-0 That ran on the Rumney Railway...

https://rchs.org.uk/product/steam-on-the-sirhowy-tramroad-and-its-neighbours-published-7-september-2020/
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Return to “Trains: Model and Prototype”