May workshop

Moderator: pheald

David Thorpe

May workshop

Postby David Thorpe » Sat May 16, 2015 6:00 pm

We had our usual monthly workshop at my home today and in Peter Heald's absence were joined by Colin Stevenson whom we hope will be a regular in future.

s4meet.jpg
s4meet.jpg (315.58 KiB) Viewed 1946 times

Left to right - David Jolley, John Duffy, Tony Wickes, and Colin. As I took the photo I managed to avoid being in it. There was just room round the kitchen table for everyone - I have my own mobile workbench part of which can be seen behind John. David was building coaches, Colin was working on track, John on his D40 which was giving him a certain amount of grief, and I'm not sure what Tony was doing though it must have been something fiddly as he spent quite a lot of time on his hands and knees looking for tiny bits he'd dropped on the floor (remarkably, all were found). We also had a brief look at my layout to which I've recently added a fiddle yard and platform. I've now got to the stage where I have to consider the daunting prospect of having to make scenery and buildings - in the past I've always abandoned layouts on reaching that point. Anyway, I think everyone had an enjoyable time.

DT

Return to “North East of Scotland (Grampian)”