Progress Day 22nd November 2018

Moderator: ken kirk

RobM

Progress Day 22nd November 2018

Postby RobM » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:58 pm

7 members attended the all day workshop primarily to work on the NAG layout but also to work on their own projects.

NAG Layout. The principle task of the day was to lay ballast on the sidings laid at the previous session and to lay further track work from the point built by Paul Morris and laid the previous session. The track had ballast and then PVA was applied with a dropper, the result being a marked improvement in the appearance of the track. The work was carried out by John Slack, Tony Wilkins and Pete McFarlane.

prog-day6.jpg
prog-day6.jpg (315.26 KiB) Viewed 1080 times

Bob Dugdale was working on his L&Y 4-4-0 kit, Nigel was working on his station building, Richard Marshall was working on the last 2 points for the NAG layout (with assistance from Tony Wilkins) and David Clarke completed the track laying on his Engine shed module.

It is to be hoped that regular workshop sessions can be run next year.
David Clarke, Project Coordinator
http://www.robmilliken.co.uk
Updated December 2016

Tony Wilkins

Re: Progress Day 22nd November 2018

Postby Tony Wilkins » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Certain similarities may be noticed in the track laying techniques to those in my Brimsdown thread except that I ballast as I go.
Tony W.

steve howe

Postby steve howe » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Yes I'm intrigued by all these lead weights on both threads - has somebody been up on the church roof lately? :shock:

Tony Wilkins

Postby Tony Wilkins » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:35 am

Now there’s an idea, I could do with some more lead weights!
But seriously, they were made by me years ago from various scrap lead collected from several sources, old lead pipe and lost car wheel balance weights amongst others. Can't use them today as they are now made from Zinc. Another victory for the environmental lobby.
Regards
Tony.

Return to “Nottingham Area Group (NAG)”